Avocado Baked With Egg Filling
This was a dinner for us tonight. I had to come up with something delicious and nutritious, yet very simple and quick at the same time. I had a couple of big avocados on the countertop, and the idea for a yummy and a bit of a different meal was visualized! Yep, I just added a few strips of vegetarian (non meat) turkey strips and eggs to the avocado halves as a filling. Then popped the avos with the filling into the oven, and in 20 minutes, I had this amazing, Omega-3-rich dinner. We loved it!
While my avocado halves were prepping inside the oven, I pureed tomatoes, pieces of squash, red bell peppers, onions in my Vitamix mixer to make a tomato soup. Do you know that there’s a function in the Vitamix that makes hot soups in 2 minutes? Yep, just drop your ingredients and push the button. Voila, my dinner was ready in 25 quick minutes, not a minute more!
- 2 avocados
- Strips of sliced meat or smoked salmon to line the avocado hole.
- 4 eggs
- Black pepper
- Herbs & Spices of choice
- Fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve the avocados remove the seed. If the hole looks small, scoop out a small bit at a time until it can hold an egg.
- Arrange the avocado halves on a cookie sheet, and line the hollows with strips of ham or smoked salmon. Crack each of the eggs into a small bowl, then spoon the yolks and however much white the avocado will hold.
- Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper on top of the eggs, to taste. Feel free to add your own herbs and spices.
- Gently place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs and fresh dill on top.
- Serve warm.
We Love Fresh Dill Here – Adding It To Many Meals!
Start Up With A Good Size Avocado
Add Strips of Smoked Salmon or Turkey
You Will Have a Yummishly Nutritious Dinner in 15-20 Minutes
Add Herbs and Spices To The Baked Avocado Bowl – And Enjoy!