Roasted Lemon Broccoli
with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce
Broccoli could be tough to enjoy raw, unless you put it into a smoothie. However, when it’s roasted and boosted with many different flavors – it is a feast for your tastebuds and a huge boost for your bodily functioning!
Why Broccoli Does Your Body Good? Look what’s hiding in those beautiful florets! Then decide for yourself if it’s worthy your attention.
It is an excellent source of
Dietary fiber – want to be regular and free of by-product “garbage?” – Then, you need fiber!
Vitamin B6 & B1 – Vitamin B group is responsible for many function, such as for enzyme proper utilization.
Vitamin E – think anti-oxidant properties!
Manganese – think bones and metabolic activities like helping to create certain enzymes
Magnesium – wow, multiple functions like transmission of nerve impulses body temperature regulation
Phosphorus – wish for strong bones and teeth? Calcium and phosphorus bind together to form crystals that make up bones and teeth.
Choline – essential for healthy metabolism. Plus, it is a must ingredient in proper liver function, normal brain development, nerve function, muscle movement, supporting energy levels.
Vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids)
Potassium – is an electrolyte, meaning that it is super important in the right quantities in the body to run your heart and brain and nervous system.
Copper – this is one is precious: quick wound healing, reduced symptoms of arthritis, regulated heart rhythm, balanced thyroid glands and ton of more performing functions!
Omega-3 fatty acids – though in very small quantities, this essential fatty acid is a must for proper heart, brain, eye functioning.
Protein – well, that’s what muscles are building upon!
- 1-1/2 lbs broccoli, stalk trimmed and peeled, head cut into large florets
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Slice the broccoli stalk crosswise and the florets lengthwise 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the sliced lemon, olive oil and the 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper and season with kosher salt; toss to coat.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and roast until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a Small Bowl, whisk the yogurt with the tahini lemon juice and garlic and season with kosher salt.
- Spread the yogurt sauce on a platter and top with the broccoli.
- Garnish with sea salt and crushed red pepper and serve warm.
The tahini-yogurt sauce can be refrigerated for 2 days.