This recipe could serve as a base to your other veggies and side dishes you serve. If you have grilled vegetables or stir-fry, you can easily combine these two into one food offering.
Sometimes, I make it ready, and my boys serve themselves a warm snack. They like to add a bit of cheese on top. It is especially good for cold weather, but we do make this recipe every now and then during warm times of the year as well. Whatever works with you – you decide for your next awesome meal!
Easy Crock Pot Creamy Rice
You can add veggies and or choice of chicken or beef or tofu sausages to the cooked recipe. In this recipe we added chicken sausage slices and green pees.
Share With Your Peeps – RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 23, 2017
We Love This Creamy Texture!
Add Your Veggies, Sausage, And
Other Your Favorite Toppings
- 2 x 1- 3/4 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup vegetable broth (use chicken broth if you wish)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked (do not use minute rice here!)
- salt and pepper to tate
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl and pour into your crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 1.5 hours.
- Do check your recipe 15 minutes prior to the end of the cooking. Depending on the crock pot, you may need more or less time to cook this recipe.
- Make sure rice is cooked, not hard, and it is not mushy.
- Adjust cooking time depending on how hard or soft rice grains are.