Corn Pudding Recipe
A Good Corn Pudding Can Become A Light, Yet Filling Option
For Lunch, Dinner And Even Breakfast
Yellow and color corn boast of a variety of vitamins and minerals that contribute to our well-being. Including recipes with corn kernels would bring more variety to our diet and more sources of beneficial nutrients.
Yellow corn is a good source of antioxidant carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin. Adding variety of antioxidant sources boosts the synergies that the nutrients can have on our health overall. Both lutein and zeaxanthin are necessary to be present in the eye tissue for healthy eyes. These important nutrients protect eyes from high energy of the sun light and ultraviolet light especially. Clinical studies have shown that these can slow the progression of macular degeneration, a debilitating eye diseases that leads to blindness.
Here’s a quick list of foods that have good sources of lutein and zeaxanthin:
- All varieties oF Squash
- Yellow Corn
- Beet Greens
- Brussels Sprouts
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Aasparagus, and
“Lutein and zeaxanthin act as “internal sunglasses”, providing protection against damaging light.”
I’ve been using Nutri Ninja® Nutri Bowl™ for many of my breakfast and dinner needs. The powerful features it was designed with, we are able to create any recipe within a few steps that are not labor-intensive. This Corn Pudding is one of my favorite recipes, as I can make it very versatile – with different ingredients and different consistency.
My NutriNinja pulsed all the ingredients inside one Nutri Bowl™ – that’s it. I poured the mixture into the baking bowl and let the rest of the technology that graces my kitchen do the rest.
Nutri Ninja® Nutri Bowl™ Makes It Easy
To Create Consistency I Need for A Corn Pudding
Adding Ingredients To The Mixture Is Easy
Pulsing Is The Regime of Mixing All Ingredients for Corn Pudding
This Is What A Pudding Looks Like Before Being Cooked
Pour Pudding Mixture Into Ceramic Bowl
That Could Fit In Your Pressure Cooker
Place Ceramic Bowl Inside The Pressure Cooker
With 2 Cups of Water At the Bottom of the Cooker
CORN PUDDING In 30 Minutes!
Entire Pudding Slips Out of Ceramic Bowl Easily
Ready To Be Served!
Spoon The Pudding Into Plates and Bowls
& Garnish With Your Favorite Herbs, Spices, Cheeses
Some Hot Sauce on Top of Corn Pudding is Delicious!
I like serving puddings in a ceramic bowl. It can be garnished in a way that is festive and inviting to partake in this truly celebratory meal.
Adding freeze dried veggies could add some flavors as well. I would add freeze dried kale to this pudding if I had some on hand.
But hot Sriracha sauce brings out all the flavors savored during the cooking process. This corn pudding will be enjoyed with all the heart and soul.
- 2 tsp unsalted butter, plus some extra for coating souffle dish, melted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups corn, cut or frozen
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups evaporated fat free milk, not reconstituted
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 drops of hot sauce, optional
- 2 cups cold water
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring, for about 5 mintues until translucent. Put aside.
- Place 2 cups of corn into your Food Processor. Pulse 4-5 times to chop corn roughly.
- Add eggs, evaporated milk and onion. Pulse until mixed.
- Place the remaining 2 cups of corn in a separate mixing bowl. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Add hot sauce, optional.
- Add chopped corn mixture from food processor to the mixing bowl with whole corn kernels. Mix all well. Season with salt, pepper to taste.
- POUR 2 cups of water into the cooking pot of the Pressure Cooker.
- TRANSFER Corn mixture into a Ceramic Bowl, coated with butter, that will fit inside your Pressure Cooker.
- PLACE Ceramic Bowl with corn mixture inside Pressure Cooker.
- COVER & LOCK the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set timer for 30 minutes.
- When audible beep sounds, use Natural Pressure Release to release pressure.
- Take carefully the ceramic bowl out of the pressure cooker. Spoon and plate your wonderful Corn Pudding.
- Serve with drizzle of hot Sriracha Sauce.