Simple Vanilla Pudding
Sometimes a light dessert is all we need to satisfy our sweet tooth. Here’s a very reasonably easy pudding dessert with your favorite flavor choice – we went with vanilla. Also, feel free to substitute milk in the recipe for Almond milk. Tastes good!
- 1.5 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together milk, cream, egg yolks. Add the mixture to a saucepan.
- 2. Whisking constantly, cook over medium-high until mixture thickens and starts to bubble – about 8-12 minutes.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 1 minute whisking.
- 4. Remove pan from heat and pour mixture through sieve into bowl. Stir in butter and vanilla, combine well.
- 5. Press plastic wrap directly against surface of pudding to prevent skin from forming over the top. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 6. Serve cold with whipped cream on top. Before beating the cream up, add some confectioners' sugar.