Having a homemade sugar and honey scrub for luscious lip is always helpful. I use my own lip scrub with Manuka honey about once a week to maintain skin health on my lips.
Many people really take a good care of their face, hair, investing into expensive care products. But when it comes to lips, they often ignore them. Do remember that to get your lips to that smooth, plump and kissable condition, you gotta exfoliate them.
As a matter of fact, there are several benefits to make that DIY lush lip scrub a permanent resident on your beauty counter. Here are a few just to peak your curiosity to add this homemade beauty recipe to your skin care arsenal.
Benefits of Using A Lip Scrub Regularly
Exfoliation is the number one huge benefit the lips receive with every lip scrub. You help to slough off the dead cells and allow new ones to come to the surface. With new cells showing up at the top of the skin layer, you have
Improved blood circulation in the lips is yet another important benefits. The better the circulation, the more nutrition is delivered to the lips. It means stronger immunity and recovery of the skin surface. Besides, as a side effect, you get plumper and healthier looking lips.
Increased absorption of the moisturizing active ingredients that come with your skin care for the lips like lip balms.
How to Make Sugar Lip Scrub with Coconut Oil
You will be pleasantly surprised how easy and affordable this DIY lip scrub with coconut oil is! I like to add some of my favorite actives like Manuka honey with a higher UMF number. Manuka honey boasts of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
FACT: Manuka oxygenates pores making it impossible for the inflammation-causing bacteria to survive.
Adding a couple of drops of pure essential oil definitely creates a pleasant aromatherapy effect which has a positive influence on our brain.
Incorporating pure vanilla extract into your honey and sugar lip scrub boosts its anti-inflammatory properties! While massaging a lip scrub into your lips, you will be adding a soothing and calming effect to the inflamed and irritated lips.
Discover the significance of the UMF number in the Manuka honey and also the benefits of it on skin.
All you need are these simple ingredients to mix in a bowl:
1/2 cup white granulate sugar or brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Manuka honey
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Peel from 1/2 of orange
2-3 drops of orange essential oil
Tips on How To Handle Your DIY Vanilla Lip Scrub
Once you made your vanilla infused lip scrub, make sure to preserve its clean environment of usage. Here are some well-researched and observed tips on how to handle your homemade honey and sugar lip scrub.
– Use a clean spatula, not a finger, to dip into the jar with the skin care product.
– Keep a jar with the product in a cool place. I like to keep in in my refrigerator, as I use it only once a week.
– Exfoliate your lips once week, maximum twice. Over exfoliation can lead to dryness.
– You can use your finger or soft new tooth brush to massage the scrub into the lips during the exfoliation.
– Apply moisturizer on your lips after each exfoliation.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Manuka honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 5 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Peel from 1 small or 1/2 large orange
- Lip scrub small containers
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Any stirring tool
- A mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, add sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Add melted coconut oil, Manuka honey and essential oil.
- Mix ingredients well. Add orange peel.
- Store in airtight container. Feel free to spread the scrub among small containers you can gift and sample to others.
To use this amazing lip scrub, use your finger to scoop a tiny bit of the formula and gently apply to the lips with a few side-to-side motions.
Use warm water to wash off the scrub, followed by the cool water.
Pat dry and apply lip moisturiser.