Chicken Salad with Wonderful HALOS
Prepping recipes with the in-season ingredients is something that we, as human beings, should take advantage of. Nature has instilled into our genome the ability to vibrate with the plants that produce their fruits that are food for us. Eating “in season” could become one of our powerful ways on the path to a better well-being and vibrant health.
Wonderful HALOS mandarins have been my personal most favorite fruit since childhood. I remember waiting for the winter time when these were in season and available in stores as a very rare treat. November through April, HALOS offer us a flavorful snack option. And for those who love to experiment with food and food combinations, these sweet and tender mandarins are some of the best addition to salads, bakes, cakes and smoothies. High in Vitamin C, HALOS deliver the building blocks for our immune system.
This Chicken Salad with Wonderful HALOS could easily become one of your staples in your daily craving for good food with flavors that empower, enliven and give us energy to continue with our living.
- 3 cup white chicken breast, cubed
- 1-1/2 cup celery, cubed in small pieces
- 1/2 onion, medium, cubed in small pieces
- 2-3 Wonderful HALOS, peeled, segemented
- 4 Tbsp 1% sour cream
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- Variety of greens like arugula
- Blackberries for garnishing
- Salt, pepper to your taste
- Prep all ingredients, cut and cube chicken, onion and celery.
- Mix them all in the bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, sour cream, horseradish.
- Cool in the fridge before serving.
- Serve with arugula greens and other mixed salad greens.
- Add blackberries and Wonderful HALOS to add aroma and to create unique flavor combination with a chicken salad.