Paleo Bread Stuffing
PS: You can make this stuffing with bread of your choice!
Holidays are ringing their bells and shower an amazing opportunity for all of us to prepare recipes and family-favorites that we rarely make during the year. This Thanksgiving, I am after this amazing Paleo Bread Stuffing from my incredible Paleo Friend Kelly. Running her busy blog at Reds Reality, Kelly creates her own recipe ideas that have an ability to conquer your taste buds in no time!
This creatively EASY and FAST-cooking stuffing recipe will melt your souls. I highly recommend it to test drive this season. Afraid be not! You will get an amazing result in taste and texture. If you don’t have paleo bread mixing or croutons for the stuffing – just use what you’ve got in your pantry! Here it is, an amazing Bread Stuffing that is destined to rule your Thanksgiving table.
These Are Your Ingredients for Bread Stuffing
Cube Your Foccacia Bread Just Like This
All Ingredients Will be Sauteed In One Pan
Before They Go Into Oven
Place the Sauteed Ingredients with Foccacia Cubes
Into Ceramic Bowl/Pan
Crunchy Yumminess Straight From the Oven
Ready To Be Served & Enjoyed
- 1 Loaf of Focaccia Bread (or 4 cups bread of choice) Focaccia Mix
- 1 pound ground chicken sausage (or sausage of choice, vegetarian sausage)
- 1 cup Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 2 cups celery (3 large stalks), diced
- 2 cups onions (1 medium onion), diced
- 1/2 cup apples (1 medium apple), diced
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place ghee (or butter) in a pan on medium heat and sauté the onions and celery together. Cook about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Push them out to the side of the pan and add your sausage and brown until it is almost cooked.
- Place apples, dates, and all herbs and spices to the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 eggs and 1 cup chicken stock and slowly add the warm mixture so you don’t cook your eggs.
- Add 4 cups of Focaccia bread or bread of choice and place in a greased 9X13 baking dish. Cook at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.