This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bloggin’ Mamas & the Florida Prepaid College Board. All opinions expressed are my own.
Good education builds a solid platform for any child to pursue their dreams and for families to know that they have done a great job supporting their children. Learn how 529 College Savings Plan could change your child’s life and yours. Before you dive into the details, do know that your plan could serve as a supplement to so called Qualified Higher Education expenses, i.e., that IRS allows to use as tax deductions. A 529 College Savings Plan could be used in many states towards college tuition. It can also be used for educational expenses for grades K-12 as well.
Give your child a gift of education with a 529 Savings Plan!
Things To Know About 529 College Savings Plan
Summer is the perfect time to put extra money away for college, especially with a little help from Florida Prepaid. Through June 30, if you open a tax-advantaged Florida 529 Savings Plan, they’ll seed your account with $25. Plus, set up automatic monthly contributions, and they’ll add another $25 as part of their 529 Summer Jump-Start Promotion.*
There is no age limit, you don’t have to be a Florida resident to purchase, and the plan can be used nationwide. It’s a flexible option for parents who don’t want to commit to a Florida Prepaid College Savings Plan yet OR it can be used in conjunction with a prepaid plan to cover other expenses outside of the tuition and fees. Visit Florida Prepaid to see the comparison of the plans and choose what works for YOU and Your Needs.
What is a 529 Savings Plan?
529 savings plans are named after section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code 26 U.S.C. § 529 and are designed to encourage saving for future higher education expenses of a designated beneficiary. Many states offer 529 savings plan options, including Florida Prepaid.
Money from a 529 plan can be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for study at any accredited college, university or vocational school in the United States and at some foreign universities. The money can also be used for room and board, as long as the fund beneficiary is at least a half-time student. Off-campus housing costs are covered up to the allowance for room and board that the college includes in its cost of attendance for federal financial-aid purposes. There is even an expansion that allows it to be used for K-12 educational expenses as well.
May 29 was National 529 day and Florida Prepaid is trying to increase awareness about college savings and the Florida 529 Savings Plan.
The Florida 529 Savings Plan – Offered by Florida Prepaid
- The Florida 529 Savings Plan has been recognized as a Top 10 performer among direct-sold 529 plans for 10-year investment performance in Savingforcollege.com’s latest quarterly performance rankings.
- They carefully select each of the investment management firms and constantly monitor
- The 529 Savings Plan has more than 62,000 active accounts with a market value of more than
The Florida 529 Savings Plan can be started at anytime and there’s no minimum deposit to open one. Even if you can’t save for your child’s entire college education, starting something is always better than doing nothing. The funds in a Florida 529 Savings Plan can be used for any qualified higher educational expense, including tuition, room & board, textbooks, graduate school and much more. This gives you extreme flexibility to use the funds as you see fit, for whatever your child may need. And should those needs change during his/her college years, individuals are free to adjust as well.
The Florida 529 Savings Plan offers you the ultimate in flexibility
Simply choose from the investment options, then contribute as much and as often as you’d like to suit your budget and goals. Each investment option, such as our popular age-based option that automatically allocates contributions based on the age of the child, is independently run by professional investment managers. There are 11 investment options let you invest in any way you feel comfortable. From more aggressive to more conservative options, and with age-based and fully customized approaches, you have as much control as you want over how much you invest and where it’s invested. And as the years go by, you’re free to change contribution amounts and how they are allocated at any time.
*529 Summer Jump-Start Promotion Rules
• Enroll in a new Florida 529 Savings Plan!
• Set up automatic monthly contributions for your new account.
• This promotion is limited to the first 5,000 new accounts opened between May 29, 2018 and June 30, 2018.
• The Florida 529 Savings Plan is an investment plan that may be used to set aside funds for future higher education and certain K-12 education expenses. Funds may be used tax-free to pay for any qualified higher education expense nationwide. Please review the Program Description and Participation Agreement for the Florida 529 Savings Plan for further details.
• The Florida Prepaid College Board will be the sponsor for all rewards.
• Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of the Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices.
• Details of the 529 Basics are at MyFloridaPrepaid HERE.
#StartingIsBelieving Twitter Chat
Join Bloggin Mamas & Florida Prepaid as we host the #StartingIsBelieving Twitter Chat on Thursday, 6/14/18 at 9p EST! Join us as we discuss (more info coming soon) (Plus, there will be some prizes too!)
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Time: 9:00–10:00pm EST / 6:00–7:00pm PST
Sponsored By: @FloridaPrepaid
Presented by: @BlogginMamas
4- Florida Prepaid Prize Packs, including items like Slingpack or Backpack, water bottles, Frisbee, wristbands, and/or pencil pouches. ARV $75
1- Florida Prepaid Prize Packs, including items like Slingpack or Backpack, umbrella, water bottles, Frisbee, wristbands, and/or pencil pouches. ARV $150