These vegetarian raw nutty squares are great when frozen! They melt in your mouth, allowing you to truly appreciate the aromas and the flavors of natural smells and tastes of plant ingredients inside.
You will find your own preferences when and how to sweeten your life with these mini squares. For me, it is a great way to have a cup of tea with one of these lovelies or just grab one of squares after my dinner to indulge and enjoy life A LOT!
The best part of this raw recipe is that it is easy, simple and requires only 4 ingredients. No cooking, only mixing, combining and shaping of these delicious nutty squares snacks. Nuts are protein power houses and offer a variety of minerals and micronutrients that cannot be found anywhere else. Eating a variety of nuts would ensure we tap into a wide range of nutritional value offered by Mother Nature.
Make RAW Nutty Squares
For those of you who would like a bit of salt in this healthy snack, just sprinkle with a bit of Himalayan pink salt on top of chocolate before you put it all into the freezer. I did not do it for my raw nutty squares, but you can easily make it even more palatable and fancy looking.
This tasty homemade healthy sweet snack could easily become your favorite on-the-go food. It is vegan and gluten FREE, too. A bit of chocolate on the top puts it at the top of the list for chocolate lovers.
How To Make Homemade Raw Nutty Squares
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Blend raw almonds in the food processor to the flour consistency
- In a bowl, combine blended raw almonds, coconut oil and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Arrange the mixture in a baking pan 8x8 size.
- Melt chocolate chips and pour the mixture over the arranged nutty dough in the baking pan.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares of desired size. I like to cut into bite sizes.
- Store in the freezer.
TIP: Use parchment paper to separate layers of squares when stored.