Turkey Cranberry Wreath Pie Recipe
I never tried to make pies like this Turkey Cranberry Wreath Pie that boasts of non-sweet ingredients. My best friend and I decided to try out some of the kitchen tools and gadgets from the Pampered Chef. Sure enough, we had to cook something with a seasonal flavor and convenience, too! If you are still hunting some quick recipes for holidays – check this one out.
Choose Turkey Breasts for the Filling
Salad Choppers Do A Great Job
by Cutting Meat Into Small Pieces
Add All the Fixings for the Filling, Including Cranberries
Spread the Dough Within the Griddle &
Pour Out Turkey Filling Onto It
Cut the sides into strips that will be used for brading the wreath
Start Crossing the Dough Strips from Both Sides, Making a Wreath
Here’s What It Will Look Like!
Spreading Egg Mixture Over the Wreath Pie
Great Shape & Ready To Go Into the Oven
Just Wait And See
Ready To Leave the Oven!
Looks Appetizing & Tastes Amazing!
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp coarsley ground black pepper
- 2 cups (12 oz) chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Unroll crescent dough, arrange all triangles into one big spreadsheet. Use the bakers roller to make the surface even.
- Place mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper in a bowl. Chop turkey using Salad or Food chopper. Add turkey, celery, parsley and cranberries into batter bowl. Grate cheese into batter bowl. Mix filling well to coat all ingredients.
- Scoop filling into the dough.
- Coarsely chop walnuts, sprinkle over filling.
- Make incisions at the sides of the dough. Start braiding the dough strips by alternating the strips and overlapping with each other to form a braided wreath pattern.
- Separate egg white from yolk. Lightly beat egg white and brush it over the dough with basting brush.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
You can substitute turkey for chicken if desired. A vegetarian option can use tofu turkey.
Love Food Celebration?
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) November 21, 2016