Eating Propyl Paraben? Here’s Why You Should Reconsider It!
Last night I had a conversation with one of my friends who has many health concerns, mainly those that spring out from low immune response to any even tiny infections and inflammation in her body.
This morning I got this yet another newsletter from Environmental Working Group (EWG) that reminded me of Propyl Paraben that is being used in many foods.
It is a preservative typically found in many water-based cosmetics, such as creams, lotions, shampoos and bath products. As a food additive, it has the E number E216. – From Wikipedia
What is Propyl Paraben? It is one of many endocrine-disrupting chemicals that is allowed by the United States Food and Drug Administration to be used in our foods that we consume daily! Oh, it is listed as “Generally Recognized As Safe.” Really? But the devil, as we say, is in details!
Propyl Paraben acts as a weak synthetic estrogen and can alter Gene Expression!
It has also been reported to accelerate the growth of breast cancer cells.
What FDA is doing to eliminate the use of this chemical in our food chain? Very little – they have never taken action to do so.
Here’s a partial list of the foods that use Propyl Paraben.
Do you see your favorite snacks here? You know what to do next.
- Amport Foods Chocolate & Nut Trail Mix
- Archer Farms Gourmet Dessert Cookies
- Arizona Snack Company Canyon Runner II Trail
- Arizona Snack Company Sweet Energy Trail
- Cafe Valley Apple Spice Mini Muffins Apple Spice
- Cafe Valley Banana Nut Mini Muffins
- Cafe Valley Blueberry Mini Muffins
- Cafe Valley Cake Pumpkin Cream Cheese
- Cafe Valley Chocolate Chips Mini Muffins
- Cafe Valley Corn Mini Muffins
- Cafe Valley Lemon Poppyseed Mini Muffins
- Cafe Valley Orange Cranberry Mini Muffins
- Cafe Valley Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Creative Occasions Old Fashioned Carrot Cream Cheese Cake
- Elizabeth’s Naturals Psychedelic Sunday Mix
- Emerald Breakfast On The Go Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Nut & Granola Mix
- Energy Club Fancy Mojo Mix
- Energy Club Nuts N Chocolate Blend
- Entenmann’s Coconut Crunch Donuts
- Essential Everyday Classic Trail Mix
- Island Snacks Fancy Chocolate Mix
- La Banderita White Corn Tortillas
- La Banderita Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Little Debbie Pecan Spinwheels
- Newton’s Naturals Get The Munchies Trail Mix
- Nuevo Leon Tortillas
- Oh Yeah! Candies Chocolate Caramel
- Ole Mexican Foods Corn Tortillas
- Patissa Pumpkin Pie Cream Puffs
- Premium Orchard Rainbow Trail Mix
- Private Selection Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Quality Club Deluxe Moxxi Mix
- Roundy’s Cranberry Trail Mix
- Roundy’s Pak O Snax
- Sara Lee Cinnamon Rolls
- Sara Lee Honey Glazed Buns
- Setton Farms Hiker’s Trail Mix
- Superior Chocolate Nut Trail Mix
- Superior Mini Chocolate Eclairs
- Sweet P’s Bake Shop Black & White Cookies
- Tropical Corn Tortillas, Traditional Style
- Turano Brat & Sausage Rolls
- Weight Watchers Carrot Crème Cake
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Crème Cake
- Weight Watchers Golden Sponge Cake
- Weight Watchers Lemon Creme Cake
- Weight Watchers Red Velvet Creme Cake
- Weis Cross’n Country
- Weis Milk Chocolate Candies
Learn more from EWG’s report on Propyl Paraben and how you should avoid this endocrine disruptor preservative.
Please ReTweet this Message to Your Followers!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) April 8, 2015