Pinata Cake for My Valentine
Pinata cake recipe is easy enough to make your Valentine to gasp from the surprise you have for her or him! Candy or something more substantial like an engagement ring – these could be discovered inside this awesomely delicious cake!
Attempt to bake this cake to make this Valentine’s Day to be remembered and carried in the hearts of the beholder forever!
- 1 Cake mix
- 3-4 Cups of Frosting
- 1 Package of Conversation Hearts, 7 oz bag
- Optional: Wilton Spray and Seal
- NB: To cover the cake, you can use 1 tube Betty Crocker Icing + 1 1/2 tubs of white frosting
- 18 x 13 inch baking pan
- Non-stick Tin Foil or Parchment Paper
- 5 inch heart cookie cutter
- 3 inch heart cookie cutter
- 1 small cardboard cake round
- 1. Heat the oven as per instructions on the Cake Mix: 350 F.
- Make cake mix as per box instructions.
- 2. Line baking sheet with tin foil to cover all edges and corners. Pour cake mix into the baking sheet and spread evenly on the surface.
- 3. Bake 18-22 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- 4. Cool the cake completely.
- 5. Use 5 inch cookie cutter to cut 6 Hearts.
- 6. Use 3 inch cookie cutter to cut the centers out of the bigger 4 hearts.
- 7. Optional: Spray the cake layers with Wilton's Spray and Seal – it reduces crumbs and stickiness.
- 8. Cut a small cake board into a heart shape, that is just a bit bigger than your heart cake.
- 9. Set one full cake on the cake board. Pipe some icing around the edge of the cakes, then stack them on top of each other. Use icing sparingly. Frost and stack all 4 of the cut-out cakes.
- 10. Pour conversation heart candies into the center of the cake. Pipe frosting around the edge of the top cut-out cake and set the remaining whole cake on top. Use any remaining icing to fill in between the layers around the outside of the cake.
- 11. Decorate to your liking!
- To get a smoother cake – freeze it, then remove from freezer and use a damp paper towel to smooth out surfaces of the frosting.
Retweet for Your Valentine!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) January 27, 2016
Start with Mixing Up All Ingredients
Pour the Dough Onto the Baking Sheet Lined with Foil
The Cake Foundation is Ready to Be Decorated
Use Your Favorite Shapes to Cut Out Hearts
Use Large Heart Shapes for the Wall of the Cake
Use Smaller Heart Shapes to Create An Inside Cavity for Candy
Stack It All Up!
The Candy Surprise Is Inside!
Cut A Piece And Enjoy A Surprise Inside!