These whimsical hot air balloon heart cards are an easy Valentine card craft you can create to give to your Valentine or to decorate your home or office. They call for minimum supplies, yet you can say so many things with these red pink hearts hot air balloons!
For supplies, you can easily access your old cards, paint swatch cards, colorful threads, stickers and color pens of all sorts, including gel pens. Your imagination is the limit what you can create with your one and only Love Heart Hot Air Balloons!
Express yourself in a colorful and heartful way this Valentine’s Day and beyond!
Check out some individual snapshots of the heart shaped hot air balloons tutorial. You can also print this craft tutorial out for your library and convenience. All details are below the images.
How To Make Heart Hot Air Balloon Card
Use a glass free frame or add other embellishments to make it your own.
Supplies to Use to Decorate A Heart Hot Air Balloon Card
Use foam, felt, glitter to decorate your Hot Balloon Card!
Use Gel Pens and Pencils to Add A Personal Message + Picture
Express Yourself Without Any Limitations! Use gel pens and pencils, jot a picture or note to a person who will be on the receiving end of this amazing heart hot air balloon card. When you express it with words and images, your message will be loud and clear and will be cherished forever.
Make somebody’s day by giving them a card with a personal note. The heart hot air balloons on the card will be an icing on the cake, embellishing your message.
Frame Your Hot Air Balloon Card Or Give It As Is
- Foam Hearts. I used both glittered and non-glittered
- Construction Paper, Cardboard or Cardstock. I used construction paper & a piece of cardboard.
- A pair of scissors
- A pencil or pen
- Glue and Glue Stick
- A flat, clean work surface. I used my crafting table.
- Using your scissors, cut your choice of paper to the desired size and shape. I went with a basic 4x6" rectangle.
- Using white paper & a pencil or pen, draw clouds for each card you'll be creating. You can make them as small or large as you like. I used 2 clouds per card.
- Glue the clouds onto the card.
- For each heart balloon, you will need 3 hearts of the same size. You can select any colors you wish. With mine, I really liked the finished look when I created them with one balloon having 2 pink hearts and 1 red heart in the center and the other balloon having 2 red hearts and 1 pink heart in the center.
- Glue one half of each heart back to back to make the hot air balloon shape.
- Once dried, you can glue the hot air balloons onto the card and allow them to dry.
- Using a pencil, pen or fine tipped sharpie marker, draw your basket, balloon strings and other decorations. Perhaps write “Your love lifts me up", “Love is in the air” or any other clever Valentine phrase!
- Now that you're finished with the basic design you can keep them simple or let your imagination run free! Use a glass-free frame to put your card in as a wall hanging or to sit on a desk or mantle. Upcycle an old, unwanted magnet by gluing it to the back of a card & you can display it on your fridge!