Hazelnut Chocolate Bars Recipe
Chocolate has many benefits for our bodies. A multitude of studies reveal that chocolate is quite potent. Please take into the account that the benefits come from dark chocolate not loaded with sugar and additives.
• Dark Chocolate is Very Nutritious
• Dark Chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants
• Dark Chocolate May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure
• Dark Chocolate Raises HDL and Protects LDL Against Oxidation
- 2 cups peeled tasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts just until finely ground.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt – pulse to combine.
- With the machine on, drizzle in the corn syrup and blend until the mixture comes together. Run the mixture out onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and form into a 12-by-12 inch bar.
- Cut the bar crosswise into 12 equal pieces and freeze until firm, at least 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals stirring, until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Using a fork, dip the hazelnut candy into the chocolate to evenly coat, letting the excess drip off.
- Arrange the bars on the baking sheet and top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Serve cold.
The bars can refrigerated up to 5 days.