Fresh Blueberries In An Open Pie Crust
Ohmm, What a Scrumptious Dessert!
I so much love fresh berries and do my best to incorporate them into our daily meals. Be it smoothies, salads or desserts, the berries that are in-season are the best! My all-time favorites are blueberries. I freeze them and then use the tiny frozen delights as my snacks. Sometimes, I make my childhood-favorite snowball blizzard balls. I’ll have to share it a bit later.
Today, here’s my amazing, not over-sugared pie with fresh blueberries. Just a thin layer of mascarpone filling makes it a nice base to carry all the berries. As a “glue” that keeps the blueberries together, I use apricot preserve that is one of the best to use in recipes. Worry not that it will give a weird taste to blueberries. In fact, you hardly notice it’s there!
And now time has come to celebrate the blueberries!
- A Single Frozen Pie Crust
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar (use any sugar at hand)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 cups of blueberries (depends on how deep your crust is)
- 3/4 cups Apricot Preserve
- Pie Crust
- Bake per instructions, usually for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool it entirely before filling it with the filing.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together, then beat in the mascarpone cheese and vanilla. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the cooked crust.
- Set aside.
- Place clean dry berries in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place peach preserve in a sauce pan and heat over medium flame until liquid.
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cooled preserve over the blueberries and gently toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon spread the berries over the cream layer and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
Make A Crust More Festive-Looking
Baked Pie Crust Ready To Be Filled With Yummies
Baked Pie Crust Ready To Be Covered with Mascarpone Filling
A Spatula Is Your Best Friend
When Spreading the Filling Inside the Pie Crust
Coat Blueberries In Apricot Preserve
Ready To Be Served With Tea or Coffee!