What should I eat for breakfast? My answer is to have a food that is nutrient-dense and will keep you going through a lunch time. This blueberry and chia breakfast bowl recipe is my go-to breakfast meal. It boasts of flavor, frozen blueberries, dried goji berries, walnuts and greek yogurt.
Adding chia to a breakfast meal has its many benefits. Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that benefit our cardiovascular system, eyes, and brain function.
These small seeds contain fiber, antioxidants, protein and many vitamins and minerals to aid our daily bodily functions. Besides, chia seeds are very filling.
Adding frozen fruit like blueberries to this chia breakfast bowl is one of my favorite things! Frozen berries – powerful antioxidants – bring crunchiness and cooling, satisfying feeling to the tastebuds.
Delicious Blueberry and Chia Breakfast Bowl for Your Wellbeing
Chia seeds combined with yogurt make a thick, creamy base for cancer-preventive fruits and nuts. Make the base the night before, then add toppings just before serving.
Print or Save this Easy Chia Breakfast Bowl Recipe for Your Reference
Chia seeds is a super concentrated food containing a ton of nutrients our bodies need on the daily basis. We don’t need to eat a lot of it to get the benefits. Our daily choices of different foods will allow our bodies to accumulate health benefits of living, whole foods.
- 2 cups plain or vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Honey to taste (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dried goji berries, dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, chia seeds and honey, if desired. Mix well, then refrigerate overnight to allow seeds to plump up and mixture to thicken.
- To serve, divide between four individual bowls. Arrange blueberries, walnuts, goji berries and coconut on top, and serve immediately.
More Recipes for Your Busy Mornings & Lunch Times
Snack on These Delicious Morsels at Lunch or Between Meals
Download All Recipes in my Easy eBook HERE
COOKING FOR BREAST HEALTH
Eating during breast cancer could be challenging. This eBook has been created with Lisa Turner, a master of healthy recipe creator for brands and companies in this country. Download the entire eBook by going to one of the posts with recipe from the book.