Nuts are good for you. They not only offer heart benefits, but also carry a variety of health benefits that you and I cannot simply ignore. Nuts are called protein powerhouses. Just remember that they are high in calories. But personally, I don’t think anybody can overeat nuts. They are rich and very nutrient dense. Satiation point is reached very quickly.
Nuts are used in making delicious healthy snacks like this one here.
Here are some facts and approximate serving sizes for a variety of well-known nuts. It is helpful to visually embrace which kind of nut has what properties. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 23 nuts
• Lower cholesterol
• Rich in Fiber and Calcium (than any other nut mentioned here)
• Lower calorie nut (than any nuts the mentioned here)
Serving Size: 6 nuts
• Selenium Rich which is crucial for Thyroid health
One nut contains more than a day’s worth. Grab one Brazil nut and you’re set for the whole day!
I have about 5 Brazil nuts a week. This works great for my body’s needs of selenium.
Serving Size: 49 nuts
• Rich in Lutein, an antioxidant crucial for the health of eyes (your vision) and your skin
• Rich in Potassium, an important electrolyte to make your body function properly
• Offers lower calorie per nut than any other nut variety
Serving Size: 14 halves
Here’s an easy green nutritious salad with walnuts.
Serving Size: 18 nuts
• Daily Iron doze can be obtained from a single serving of cashews
• Rich source of Vitamin K (keeps your blood clotting normal)
• Good source of Folate which keeps bones strong (women need it especially)
Check out this nutrioutious recipe for Thai Curry Roasted Cashews, it’s delicious and makes a great snack or a salad topping.
Love Nuts? – RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) September 15, 2016
Serving Size: 19 halves
• Offers great source of Beta-Sitosterol – which lowers cholesterol + keeps prostate in check (nudge your man to snack on them)
Serving Size: 167 nuts
• Manganese is ample in these little babies. This trace mineral contributes to normal blood sugar levels, helps to metabolize carbohydrates and protein.
Serving Size: 12 nuts
• Rich in Thiamine that helps our nervous system function
• Being the highest in fat content, the macademias offer the highest percentage of heart-healthy nonounsaturated fat
To keep an easy access to healthy foods and snacks, we have different places on the kitchen counter allocated just for that purpose. Every time we feel hungry or like snacking – there’s a quick healthy snack waiting for us. We add variety to the containers with many different nuts, dried fruit, seeds. I love OXO containers with a pop-up button at the top of the lid!