Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
A good meal is never complete without a wonderful side to go along with it. This Gratin Dauphinois Recipe is a perfect accompaniment to a chicken or beef dish. It looks great and tastes even better. So make sure to bookmark the recipe for your next dinner!
- 1 1/2 Qt Milk
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 piece Bouquet Garni
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 5 1/2 oz Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 lbs Potatoes
- 4 oz grated Gruyere Cheese
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees (F)
- Cover a deep, oven safe dish with your softened butter.
- Combine milk, nutmeg, bouquet garni, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil, remove from heat and leave it to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Wash and peel potatoes and slice them thinly (about 1/8") Do not rinse the peeled potatoes as you will need the starch.
- Layer the potatoes in your buttered dish tightly.Season each new layer with salt and pepper.
- Stir your cream into your warm milk and pour over potato layers. Season the top with salt and pepper and top with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Here’s The Collection of other Recipes from the #100FootJourney!
Beef Bourguinon a la Hassan Recipe
Pasta Salad with Chickpeas Recipe
French Onion Soup Recipe
Curry Hot Dog Recipe
Raspberry and Blueberry Tarte Recipe
Sparkling Lemonade Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Wings Recipe
Apricot Spiced Crepes Recipe
Coriander Tuna Recipe
BBQ Chicken on Bok Choy Recipe
Ginger Basil Mojito Recipe
Carrot Zing Recipe