Add this delicious recipe to your list to celebrate the taste and the benefits that come with black beans. High in fiber and protein, you definitely need them for your well-being. Be it healthy weigh loss maintenance or your affinity to these yummy ingredients – it all comes in one place, Your Plate!
As we all are doing our best to add foods that reduce inflammation to our daily diet, beans are considered the underutilized ingredient. The variety of legumes that is out there offers an infinite myriad of benefits to control blood sugar during the day, build stronger bones, and create a defense from free radicals by absorbing more minerals and phytonutrients.
Enjoy this easy-to-make breakfast to get you energized for the day ahead of you!
- 1/4 cup drained, rinsed Ranch Style® Black Beans
- 1/4 cup drained Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Southwestern Style (1-1/2 cups = 12 oz)
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack or sharp Cheddar cheese (1/4 cup = 1 oz)
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Combine beans, tomatoes and cilantro in small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add Egg Beaters. Cook without stirring until edges and bottom begins to set. Gently turn to scramble; continue cooking until set.
- 3. Wrap tortillas between two damp paper towels. Heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH about 30 seconds or until just heated through and pliable.
- 4. Spoon cooked Egg Beaters evenly down center of each tortilla. Top each with equal amounts of bean mixture and cheese. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla; roll-up burrito-style. Serve immediately with a wedge of lime for added flavor.
- You'll get about 6 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein per serving.
More Breakfast-Friendly Recipes for Your Enjoyment
Celebrate Your Breakfast – Please RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) July 19, 2017