Have Some Fun With Breakfast!
Crepes Are An Interesting Food To Celebrate on your mid morning.
Crepes can be enjoyed as a sweet option or with savory additions like veggies, herbs, and cheeses.
Today, I decided to go with a sweet filling which takes heavy cream, powdered sugar and blackberries. Be creative when deciding on a filling for your crepes! It can be cottage cheese sweetened with pineapples or strawberries, chocolate or caramel, fresh fruit and berries.
Pile Up Your Masterpieces on A Plate!
I remember stealing pieces of the baked crepes in my childhood. Both of my grandmas would make them for us frequently. While they were busy watching a pan, I was there to get a warm crepe and devour it as fast as I could. What sweet memories they are.
Create Your Filling – Sweet or Savory
I love my crepes usually as a savory part of the meal. We used to make about two dozen of them, fill them up with a hamburger filling, shape them into small squares and place them on a hot pan until they form a crust. That was some of my favorite meals ever!
Home-made Whipped Cream Is Delicious
We like ours not too sweet. I put just one teaspoon of powdered sugar into a cup of heavy cream and a handful of blueberries. It came out with just enough sweetness.
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey for drizzling
- Place all ingredients except honey into a blender and blend them until smooth.
- Using non-stick pan ( I use Enamel pan) heat a little oil over medium-high heat.
- Pour small amount of batter into the pan and swirl around evenly to form a thin circle.
- Cook until the surface becomes almost cooked, not leaky.
- Flip to the other side for about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove from pan, keep crepes warm on a plate.
- Use any filling inside a crepe.
- Drizzle with honey or chocolate or any savory topping if you use non-sweet filling.