Different breads are made equally differently! What goes inside, how it is bakes, what garnish goes on top or middle or even on the side – wow, that becomes pretty complicated.
For many cultures, bread is part and parcel that has to come out onto the table with each and every meal. What fascinates me is how diverse those bread options can be! Literally, hundreds of amazingly tasty and pretty healthy recipes can be made with flours of different types and toppings. Today, let’s attempt this thin crust Pear Rosemary Flatbread that looks like a pizza, yet tastes a bit differently.
All Ingredients Are in the Ninja Nutri Bowl Ready To Be Mixed
This is What the Dough Looks Like
Oil A Bowl and Place the Dough for Rising
Beautiful, Isn’t It? Ready To Be Baked now!
Really Plush – Ready To Be Rolled Out!
Use 1/2 of Dough Ball If You Like Thin-Crusted Flatbread
This Is What It Looks Like Before Garnish
I Use A Slicer to Make All Those Slices Thin & Nice
Garnish with Pear Slices
Lots of Cheese Is Good!
Enjoy Every Slice Of It!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2-1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Use your food processor with the dough blade or Ninja Nutri Bowl with a dough blade for making a dough. Place water, yeast, salt and sugar into the bowl. Pulse to combine.
- Add oil and flours, mix for 60 seconds until a loose ball forms. If using Ninja Nutri Bowl, select Auto-iQ Boost Yes Fusion Dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Let rise for 1 hour.
- If you would like a thin-crusted flatbread, divide the dough into 2 equal parts. If you prefer a thicker crust, use all dough for 1 flatbread. Use olive oil on your hands and on the dough to avoid sticking.
- Sprinkle a 1-x15-inch baking sheet with conrmeal and press the dough into a thing round.
- Lay pear slices on top and sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh Rosemary.
Love Flatbread – RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) January 28, 2017