Celebrate Birthday Cake Sugar Cookies!
We’ve got so many birthday parties to go to at the end of the year! Fun times for kids to get together and share games, activities and connecting with each other outside of school or sports club. Birthday Cake Sugar Cookies come really handy, and here’s why.
I share with my children a thought of making each and every birthday present a unique celebration of the person they gift it to. There are many ways to add unique flavor and thought. And one of the things we love doing is baking cookies and decorating them with sprinkles, adding special flavors to the dough, and things like that.
But most of all, the final touch, the presentation will give that unforgettable impression of being appreciated and celebrated to the receiver of these cookies. That is why I encourage my kids to take an extra effort to think of a presentation of their sugar cookies as a birthday gift to someone.
These are easy to bake and easy to package.
These Cookies Came Out Really Bright & Colorful
Decorate Your Cookie Bag &
You’re Ready for Gifting!
Some Cute Stickers Will Add To the Personality
of Your Cookie Bag
The dough was so easy to mix in our awesome Nutri Ninja! My son just placed all the ingredients inside and, voila, the dough for the cookies was ready in a matter of moments!
Any Sprinkles Will Do To Add A Festive Character
To Each Sugar Cooky!
They Taste Really Good Right Out of the Oven!
- 1 stick of butter (8 oz), softened at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar (granulated white sugar will be fine)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour ( all purpose flour will work, too)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup colorful sprinkles, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until well combined. Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, lemon extract – beat until well combined again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine these powdered ingredients with the mixture in the mixer bowl. Mix all ingredients until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-size balls and roll balls in the sprinkles. Cookies will melt during baking and spread in width.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before packaging them into a box or storage container.