Who Is Ready to Find A Pot Of Gold On St. Patty’s Day?
Irish folklore is so rich in legends and stories of leprechauns and a pot of gold at the end of a colorful rainbow. Where dose this legend of pot of gold come from? Andy why is it gold and not any other precious metal that sits in the pot of gold?
For centuries the Irish culture appreciated the yellow color of gold and recognized the value of this precious metal. The value of the metal was mainly seen in its ease to craft with and exchange.
The best way to reap the benefits and gain the Luck of the Irish at any time during the year is to turn in your scrap precious metals for remelting and then recirculate that value into your business and the economy.
Every little Irish child will tell you with ease that “fairies put a pot of gold at the end of each rainbow with leprechauns guarding it.” It’s folklore that has become part of the symbolism of St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th, when many celebrate Irish culture and count themselves as “Irish” just for wearing a little of “the Green.”
You, too, can have a pot of gold at home! Fill a pot of brightly-wrapped candy and place it where it is visible and attractive to everybody who visits you!
Easy to make, this simple craft will add the spirit and celebration of luck and gold and Irish folklore of St. Patrick’s Day.
Be Creative to Use Any Candy In Golden Wrap
Create A St. Patrick’s Atmosphere Around Your Pot Of Gold
Make Sure You’ve Got A Plentiful Supply Of Candy!
- Small Terracotta Pot
- Black Spray Paint (flat or gloss)
- Mod Podge
- Small Foam brush
- Shamrock Stencil
- Large Bag of Rolo candies
- In a well-ventilated area/outside, spray paint the outside of the terracotta pot. (It only took about one coat and dried within an hour.)
- Once the paint is dry, apply Mod Podge with foam brush to the edge//rim of the pot.
- Cover with a thick coat of glitter. (Use newspaper or a paper plate to catch the extra glitter.)
- Secure stencil to the front of the pot and apply mod podge to the shamrock area.
- Once the glitter is dry, fill the pot with Rolo candies.