Once or so in your lifetime, you may stumble upon the rare, 4-leaf clover sitting among the others shamrocks. According to tradition, such a rare find is said to bring you a heap of good luck. Even though it is not very clear as to how or when exactly this tradition officially got started, it has certainly kept its rumored token of luck for many generations.
Perhaps you are like our crafter Angel Heaven Lee, and you believe in “making your own luck” both figuratively speaking and by crafting!
Follow the images and steps below in a visual way. Plus print this craft out with all details to take to share with your mom-friends or empower your children to share this craft in their classroom. Whatever works for you – just take a first step of making it.
Creating Your Lucky Beads Shamrock
Print or write out an inspirational quote or leave the background plain
For a unique and noticeable look, you can plant a yellow-colored bead or button inside your design.
Framing your DIY craft is optional. Make your own frame with beads and buttons and ribbons.
- Green Buttons of various sizes & green hues
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks, I used green glitter glue sticks
- A picture frame, I found this 8X10" frame at dollar store
- 2 or more strands of plastic Mardi Gras style bead necklaces
- A pair of scissors
- A flat, clean work surface. I used my crafting table.
- Optional: A green marker to draw your outline
- Using your marker, draw a rough sketch outline of the desired shape and size of your shamrock.
- Using your scissors, cut your strands of beads into equal lengths to be your outline of each clover leaf.
- Hot glue the beads onto the front of the glass of your frame. Allow them to dry and set in place.
- Hot glue your buttons within your clover outline. Feel free to overlap buttons or keep them at one level. Allow the buttons to dry and set in place.
- Now that you're finished with the basic design you can keep this simple or let your imagination run free! If you have extra beads, use them to accent your clover! Perhaps use a paint marker to write a special message of encouragement. You could also try this craft on a blank or painted canvas!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) February 24, 2018
It has been the top DIY craft project for the past couple of years. Easy to do, it could be your unique way to say “I Love You.”