Creamy Blueberry & Lentil Lime Popsicles
Inspired by the amazing people at the Canadian Lentils who know what they’re talking about when it comes to beans!
You will be surprised how refreshing this simple homemade popsicle recipe is. With ginger and lime, the flavor is the freshest! Lentils add that healthy doze of fiber and protein, making this dessert one of the best options of nutrition and sweet tooth craving.
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) ginger, grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked or canned lentils
- 1-1/2 cup (375 ml) fresh blueberries or berries of your choice
- 2 limes, juice & zest
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. PLACE all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and transfer to popsicle molds.
- 2. FREEZE 4-6 hours.
- 3. ONCE popsicles are fully frozen, dip the base of the molds in warm water for a few seconds. This will help with releasing the popsicles.
- 4. SERVE immediately.
- Lentils will add at least 3 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein per serving.