Who would have thought that mattresses affect our posture? Sleeping on a wrong mattress could become a culprit for back pain. Occasional bad sleep could easily develop into a chronic back pain. You do not deserve any suffering of that sort! Keeping in mind a few helpful tips of HOW-TO choose a mattress to avoid back pain could be your asset for many years.
Keep in mind that a quality mattress is a key to lower your back pain and even overall bodily inflammation. Without a good sleep, the REM sleep cycles will be interrupted. That means the body would not have the benefits of cellular regeneration and rejuvenation process.
This no-sleep cycle becoming chronic, a person’s body could start having serious problems, including but not limited to, overall body inflammation, migraines, chest pains, allergies, hip pain, constant irritability.
Choosing the best mattress for your back is one of the important ingredients for a quality sleep.
HOW TO Find Your Mattress for Your Back
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) April 9, 2018
What is the best mattress for bad back?
Buying a mattress for back pain relief could be a bit tricky, as you probably would want to test a mattress for yourself before you buy it. Is a firm mattress would work better? Or will a medium-firm mattress be the best choice for your bad back? Wow, the mattress choices are so many that it is truly hard to sift through the cacophony of the advertisements we receive on the daily basis.
Based on the data from consumer reports, it is said that medium-firm memory foam mattresses perform very well for those with back pain.
A medium-firm type of mattress reduces pressure on joints and spine and allows you to sleep comfortably through the night. That’s the goal! This is why when you hear from someone that a firm mattress is the best choice for a back pain – do know it is not so!
Keep in mind that there’s a difference between a firm support and a firm feel. A firm feel could be so uncomfortable to you that your sleep would be interrupted. Firm support and comfort are an optimal combination for you to celebrate a good night’s sleep.
Go for a medium-firm mattress and test your mattress before you buy.
Take Your Mattress for A Test Drive!
Guess what, many companies do offer a trial period of up to 90 days to sleep on their mattress. If you do not like the mattress – return it to the company.
TIP: The best trial period for a mattress is offered by NECTAR. Try their mattress 365 days and return it, if you are not totally satisfied. Hard to ignore this mattress in town!
NECTAR Mattress for Back Pain
I’ve got a NECTAR mattress for my guest room. Before any guest could test it, we slept on it taking turns.
It is a medium-firm NECTAR mattress that has several layers of support for any bad back. The technological gel memory foam has been designed to bring the comfort level distributed evenly along your body.
NECTAR Mattress Gel Memory Foam Layers
• The quilted gel memory foam layer contours perfectly to one’s body while providing loft and increased air circulation.
• The third layer of gel memory foam distributes weight evenly, relieving pressure and pain
• The fourth adaptive hi-core memory foam layer supports the body with rebound and bounce
• The final breathing base layer reinforces the contouring and support layers, giving a stable and breathable foundation.
Every NECTAR Mattress is equipped with Tencel Cooling Cover. It allows you to sleep better on a breathable and temperature regulated surface.
You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the best sleeping mattress for your back pain. Ask questions. Ask follow-up questions when you shop in person or online. Many companies have those online “pop-up windows” with the service available 24/7. They want to answer all of your questions. Take advantage of it!
Bad mattresses could be a cause for your back and hip pain or even cause allergies and migraines. It is so worth a few more steps to be more curious and do a bit of research when you make an investment into your SLEEP and, ultimately, into your health and well-being. Without sleep, there’s no life.
Here’s a quick and easy summary for your mattress buyer checking list when you are ready to invest into a mattress for your back pain and the best restful night’s sleep ever.
Join Thousands of Women Who Empower Their Lives by Learning
How To Choose the Right Mattress for Yourself
• Test the mattress – lie on it for some time when you are shopping in-store or take advantage of the test/trial period
• Test the firmness – remember that medium-firm mattress is the best for back pain and side sleepers, too
• Decide on pillow tops – not for everyone! I personally do not like them at all.
• Consider adjustable beds – depending on your personal back pain situation, these beds could truly alleviate pain
• Inquire about comfort guarantees and/or trial periods – NECTAR mattress has 365 days return policy
• Ask about the warranty – ask if you could see it printed out. Sometimes you can see more than you would hear!
• Ask about additional coverage beyond warranty – based on the price tag of your mattress, you may consider extra protection. It is recommended that we buy a new mattress every 8-10 years. FYI: an average mattress doubles in weight during its lifespan. What’s in the mattress weight? Sweat and dust, of course!