One more Press Trip to the Land of Magic and where All things are possible! Follow our stories as we report them live #AladdinBloggers #Disneyland60 #TomorrowlandBloggers
As Disney releases Tomorrowland movie on Blu-Ray and DVD combo on October 13 with all the special features, bonuses and amazing storytelling, I had an opportunity to talk to and learn about the two young actors of the movie: Raffey Cassidy (Athena) and Thomas Robinson (Young Frank).
These two young, yet so talented actors have shown grace and composure during the interview. At the same time, it was so interesting to find out more about them as individuals, with their hobbies, interests and preferences. Here are some excerpts from our conversation with Raffey and Thomas.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) October 2, 2015
Interesting Facts About Raffey Cassidy (Athena)
• She loves special effects makeup and would love to try her hand in it!
• Her best advice to young actors is “Never Give Up!” Especially, when they’re trying out for different roles and hear “no” more often than “yes.”
• Raffey’s siblings act in movies, too!
• She loved playing Athena and adored her dress which was the representation of algorithms and math problems!
• This young actress comes from England! And we adore her awesome accent!
When you watch the movie, Athena, played by Raffey Cassidy, comes across as a very mature, wholesome individual, with the wisdom beyond her years. I would not like to disclose any spoilers, so you could actually watch the movie and experience a profound effect from acting and what comes to be as a conclusion to the saga of inventors and dreamers.
When asked what lies ahead of Raffey’s career, she said she’s working on the project “Money Moon.” As the Tomorrowland project took her about a year-and-a-half, this project will take some time to complete as well.
Here’s what Thomas Robinson (Young Frank) Shared With Us
• Thomas loves baking! His favorite recipe is Lemon Bars – who would have thought! Yet, he absolutely loves fudge, caramel, and appetizers.
• His best advice to young actors during the audition process is “Don’t get it bother you – Be Yourself!”
• Thomas invented the Rock Rack one time in his life
• He would love to be a baker!
• Making this movie was a profound experience for him, as he met amazing people during filming.
“In fifth grade, I actually had an inventing class, so I made a board game – a really weird thing called The Rock Rack. I was really into rock collections at the time. It held rocks, on a rack, thus the name. It was made of a fishing line that you couldn’t see. It was actually something there, but it was really weird.”– Thomas Robinson
There’s a scene in the movie when Thomas, Young Frank, was learning how to fly using his own invention, the Jetpack. The young actor shared with us that it took a long time to strap himself into the costume. And for that very reason, he refused to take it off and have a lunch break. He would just keep the costumer and to avoid the re-dressing time ordeal. Mind you, the jetpack from the movie weighted 40 pounds and teh light version of it was 39 pounds! What a trooper!
Making movies, especially when they involve the scenes with fights, technology, car chases, is not that easy. Actors go through rigorous and intense training to master the moves and make the scenes in the movie believable.
To film the scene with the jetpack, Thomas had to go to the flying trapeze class to learn how to balance in the air and move his body accordingly. According to the young actor’s estimate, he did about the equivalent of 15 thousand sky dives. Wow! How would you like to train like this while filming?
Amazing movie. Outstanding actors. Unbelievable people behind characters. Watch this movie with your family. Bring in your children into the sharing of the magic world of Disney into your family room.