Do you like sports cars? If you answered “Yes,” Mazda MX-5 could be a fun car to drive and enjoy! I was given an opportunity to celebrate the Third Generation of Mazda MX-5 or better known as Miata by driving this baby for some time and check out new features of this sporty, racy car.
To go down a memory lane, the First Generation of Mazda MX-5 Miata was launched in 1989 at the Chicago Auto Show. It was a 1990 Model which had a 5-speed manual transmission with a 4-speed automatic available as an option.
The 1999 Model of the Mazda MX-5 Miata had some significant improvements in the design to make the interior more comfy and more attractive for drivers. This Second Miata Generation had a new heated glass rear window vs the plastic one in the 1st generation. It also replaced the the pop-up headlights with a faired-in design. Improvements in speed and acceleration were also added to the new model.
With the 2006 Model of Mazda MX-5 Miata, there were so many major improvements within this classic sporty car!
• A new 16-valve, 2.0-litre MZR I-4 engine
• 5-Speed or 6-Speed manual transmission or 166-horsepower, 6-speed automatic transmission
Every major component of the car was thoroughly revised or new.
What I love about Miata is that it accelerates well. It is a fun car for short trips that like speed.
Like any other Mazda, Miata is a SAFETY-driven car. Design provides for the following features:
• Advanced dual front and side impact air bags
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System
• Anti-Lock Brake System with Electronic Brake Distribution
• Dynamic Stability Control
• Side-impact door beams
The interior design has lots of features that make a ride a luxurious one!
• Fog Lights
• Air conditioning with Pollen Filter
• Door net pockets with bottle holders>
• Available steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls
• Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System>
• Suspension Package
• Bluetooth hands-free technology that allows to keep our eyes on the road
Miata is a Fun car. It does call for its driver who loves speed and some nifty race car accommodations while driving! Younger drivers might enjoy it more. But there are a lot of Miata fans who cherish their memories of old days by remembering fun drives in their First and Second generations MX-5.
Cherish your memories by remembering what car you drove! Zoom-zoom!