Spring Crackled Cookies
Cookies are something we can make at home without any extra effort. Plus, they are so easy to decorate and bundle up in pretty ribbons, boxes, plastic decorative bags – your fantasy will work wonders to make that special gift to a teacher, neighbor, friend, family members.
These Spring Crackled Cookies are some of my favorites. They are not that sweet and just hit that craving spot for chocolate and very soft and light taste. Try them in your kitchen and test them on your kids. Mine devour them with a speed of lightening!
Spring into a warmer season with these little wonders!
- 5 oz Premium Dark Chocolate Bar or Chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulate sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2-3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Confectioner's sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate bar/chips in a double boiler.
- Add brown and white sugar until melted.
- Add egg one at a time. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt until well-blended.
- Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix until no more lumps.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Form about 2-inch balls of the refrigerated batter an droll in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, surface will crackle.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate to your occasion, season, reason!