This post was sponsored by McCormick as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
With onset of cooler weather, we are looking forward more and more to hot soups, steaming from the pan veggies, and aromatic herbal teas with lemon. I’ll share this easy slow cooker shredded chicken BBQ baked potato recipe that can quickly become your staple for family and friends entertainment.
The winter is coming, and so does our welcome for delicious home cooking. Using a pressure cooker or crockpot, you can create some of the best and memorable moments for your holidays, parties and ball game cheer.
Using a slow cooker, you can really make your life a bit easier with letting the food cook while you are attending to your business and family. Thinking a bit ahead and jotting down your shopping list for the week ahead, will make your recipe creation a breeze. Allow me to demonstrate it with this baked potato recipe loaded with BBQ chicken filling. And this baked potato recipe stuffed with delicious filling will go big at any of your family party as well!
Easy Football Party Recipe With Simple Ingredients
Once you know your dinner menu or who is coming to the party, then make your shopping list. Sauces can make it or break it. For my many recipes, I use BBQ sauces. This shredded chicken BBQ baked potato calls for Stubb’s® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce. You will also need Stubb’s® Chicken Marinade to use for chicken in a slow cooker.
If you shop at Walmart, you will find everything you need for your weekly dinners and also for your party meals. These are the staples that I get a few of each, as they go fast in my home! Especially with the football season when guests are frequent, and party meal prep is frequent. But my home cooking arsenal has easy and affordable recipes for that.
• French’s® Classic Yellow mustard is made with stone ground, #1 Grade Mustard Seeds and has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Check out this Zing Wings with French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard here!
• Frank’s® RedHot Sauce was the secret ingredient used in the original Buffalo wings created in 1964 – it blends flavor and heat perfectly.
If you crave some hot and spicy, then you’ll like a Quick ‘N’ Easy Tacos with Frank’s® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce!
• Stubb’s® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce is made right with quality, gluten free ingredients, and contain no high fructose corn syrup. Try Stubb’s® marinades and rubs, too, to incorporate into your recipes and party meals!
This is my frequently used sauce for many of my home cooking – Stubb’s® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce.
I had all ingredients in my pantry to make this awesomely tasting baked potato stuffed with shredded chicken BBQ. Look at the final result – it’s SCRUMPTIOUS!
Shredded Chicken BBQ Potato Is Filled With Flavor
Serve these stuffed potatoes while they’re hot! The melting cheese and freshly cut herbs and green onions will enhance the aroma and your appetite, too!
Whatever your recipe calls for – go with simple ingredients that you can get in the store at all times. This shredded chicken BBQ baked potato will satisfy a lot of taste buds!
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless
- 1 cup of Stubb's® Chicken Marinade
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Stubb's® Original Bar-B-Q sauce (1 Tbsp per potato)
- 6 tsp butter, 1 tsp per potato
- Shredded cheese
- Salt, pepper to your taste
- Green onions and herbs to your liking for garnishment
- Place chicken breasts into the slow cooker or your Crock Pot. Season with salt and pepper. Pour your favorite chicken marinade over chicken breasts. Cook for 3-4 hours on High.
- Wash potatoes, pat dry, pierce with fork in several places, fold into individual foil pockets. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes in the oven at 400F for about 45 minutes. Use fork to determine if each potato has cooked thoroughly. Be carefull when handling hot foil.
- TIP: If you need potatoes be ready a bit quicker, bake each one inside a microwave for 7-8 minutes. Wrap each potato into a paper towel. DO NOT USE FOIL in a microwave ever – it is flammable!
- Cool potatoes, cut each in half, scoop potato out into a bowl. Season it with salt, pepper, a tablespoon of your favorite BBQ sauce + a spoonful of butter. Mix all ingredients and return back into the baked potato skin.
- Now that your baked potato is ready, sprinkle it with cheese, add shredded chicken over cheese and drizzle with a spoonful of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Feel free to top your cheese and chicken-stuffed baked potato with green onions, dill or any herb you feel affinity to!
- Ready to be served and enjoyed.