A few reminders if you landed on this page for the first time or even if you have been enjoying your smoothies all your life.
What we are aiming in each meal (when we are not enjoying desserts) is the Nutritiously Delicious Combination of ingredients. We gotta shoot for those ingredients that would deliver the necessary elements for our body like quality protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, Omega-3 DHA, the rest of the Essential Amino Acids – all that actually Feeds our body rather than hungry eyes.
Chocolate Smoothy Recipe
Great in the Morning
Even Greater in Mid Afternoon
It is hard to put into one meal ALL foods that deliver such a complex ensemble of nutrients. That is why we eat several times a day and eat different foods that would deliver different nutrition to our bodies.
Another point I’d love to make is that we need to supplement our nutrition needs with high quality products that we can find in our stores these days (it was close to impossible less than decade ago). For me, it is important to use clean, organic, and without any synthetics or chemicals supplements.
A quality supplement for me is when nutrition from many sources is brought to me in a consumable form and represents a Whole Food Meal. I truly enjoy Garden of Life raw protein, fiber, and full meals whole food products. They are part of my daily life, for me personally and for my entire family.
I take Plant Protein whole food meal and add my other ingredients to my recipes. Here’s a Chocolate smoothy that is full of Protein, Fiber, Antioxidants. You could add your own ingredients to amplify a taste for your own taste buds!
- 1 Scoop of Organic Plant Protein (I use Garden of Life that is widely available in stores like Whole Foods and online)
- 1/2 Cup Spring Water or Bottled Water
- 1 Cup of Crushed Ice
- 1 Tsp Chia
- 1 Tbs Hemp Nuts
- Place all ingredients into mixer and whip it up to the consistency you enjoy.
- • As a side note, you could add some ingredients for texture: like a small handful of nuts. Do add them into the mixer, so they could blend well with the rest of the ingredients.
- •• Chocolate goes really well with MINT. If you have fresh mint, throw a couple of stems with leaves into the mixer as well.
The reasoning behind Chia and Hemp Nuts in this Smoothy Recipe.
Chia has a powerful nutrient profile. Here just a few things I LOVE about it!
• Packed with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
You need Omega-3s for your brain and cardiovascular functioning!
• Rich in Manganese
This micronutrient is overlooked by the majority of people. Yet, it is the key to your bone health, plus it serves as a catalyst to digest other nutrients like biotin and thiamin
• Has a stabilizing effect on blood sugar and helps fight insulin resistance
With a balance in your blood sugar, you are less likely to crave or eat foods that contribute “empty” calories
Hemp Nuts are Amazing as well. Here’s what I love about this food in its own right.
• All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce are present in hemp seeds!
Live Delicious! Please ReTWEET.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) February 19, 2015