The Star Wars classic movie continues its journey into the hearts and homes of its fans. Today, we’ve got yet another installment of the masterpiece production of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens on blu-ray and DVD. This beautiful combo pack comes with a ton of extras, bonus clips, deleted scenes, and some documentary facts how it was conceived and made.
Watch this teaser for the deleted scenes.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the biggest debut ever with over $926 million domestic and $2.05 billion sales worldwide. The interest for this Lucas Films classic is entrenched in several generations of fans. Here are some fun facts of the records this movie has achieved.
Star Wars The Force Awakens Debut
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS debuted in the US and Canada on Dec. 18, its first two weeks pushing the domestic annual industry box office to an all-time high of $11B. It has set numerous individual records including:
- Fastest film to reach $100M (21 hours), $200M (3 days), $300M (5 days), $400M (8 days), $500M (10 days), $600M (12 days), and $700M (16 days)
- Biggest all-time debut and biggest December debut ($247.966M), propelling the industry to the biggest overall moviegoing weekend of all time ($313.3M for all films, Dec. 18-20)
- Biggest second weekend of all time ($149.2M), propelling the industry to the biggest overall Christmas weekend of all time ($296.4M for all films, Dec. 25-27)
- Biggest third weekend of all time ($90.2M)
- Biggest Thursday preview gross ($57M)
- Biggest Friday, opening, and single day ($119.1M)
- Biggest Sunday ($60.55M), Monday ($40.1M), and Tuesday ($37.3M)
- Biggest Christmas Day ($49.3M) and New Year’s Day ($34.39M)
- Highest per-theater average for a wide debut ($59,982)
- Biggest opening week ($390.85M)
- Biggest IMAX debut ($30.1M)
Globally, the film posted the highest global opening weekend of all time ($528.967M) and surpassed $1B in a record 12 days. It also had the biggest global IMAX debut ($48M) and surpassed $152M in IMAX in a record 19 days. It was the highest international debut in December history with $281M, and it remained #1 in many territories after posting the biggest opening weekend in at least 18 major markets.
Named one of AFI’s top 10 films of 2015, STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS was heading into its fourth weekend of global release ahead of a debut in its final international market, China, on Jan. 9.
Today’s kids are falling for different character that are being introduced throughout the life of this cinematographic phenomenon.
I am so happy that there’s yet another strong female hero-figure in The Force Awakens – RAY. Daisy Ridley plays her phenomenal part in the movie. But finding the right “Ray” for the part wasn’t easy. Watch what happens during the audition process with this young actress.
John Boyega plays Finn in this installment of Star Wars. To shoot the scenes inside the Millennium Falcon, some serious preparation had to be taken place. Watch this bonus featurette with the commentary from John himself.
DVD Bonus Features
You will be surprised how many bonuses come with this edition of the blu-ray and DVD pack!
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
We watched some of the bonus materials, and one of the favorites for our family is about creating visual effects for the movie. There’s no way explaining it in words, because the process is magical. The people, actually teams of people, worked hard to bring to life and real perception of the worlds that cannot be checked out in real life. What we see on the screen is intuitive imagination woven with the utmost skills that animators, digital engineers, writers and many more movie professionals brought into the mix and made a movie out of it.
The rich-with-materials bonus features are a true helping hand in allowing us to peek behind the scenes and “participate” in the filming of the movie, the making of it from the conception to the final result we see on this blu-ray and dvd combo pack.
For the kids and great time around the family table, grab one of these amazing craft projects that will shine light on more facts from Star Wars through creative activity.