Banana Cardamom Creme Brulee Recipe
If you are looking for a recipe that is warm, sticky sweet, and perfect for dessert, then you are going to want to try this Banana Cardamom Creme Brulee. It would be perfect for date night, or as a special treat anytime!
- 2 Cups Milk
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seed
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Egg Yolks
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Pour the milk into a medium sized saucepan and add 1 tbsp sugar, your caradamom, fennel, and bananas. Mash the Bananas into the milk. Turn the heart to medium high and when it comes to a boil turn the heat off and cover pan with a tightly fitting lid. Leave to infuse for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg yolks with 1 tbsp sugar until thick and pale. Strain your hot milk and slowly pour into the egg mix, whisking constantly so the eggs do not scramble. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat until the mixture is thick enough to cover a spoon. 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins and place in a large pan and pour water into the pan about 1/2 way up the ramekins. Bake until set (slightly jiggly) about 30 minutes. Remove from the water bath and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of sugar on top of each Creme Brulee. Melt the sugar with a blowtorch until it has caramelized. Serve immediately
- If you don't have a blowtorch you could also place them under a broiler until caramelized.
Here’s The Collection of other Recipes from the #100FootJourney!
Beef Bourguinon a la Hassan Recipe
Pasta Salad with Chickpeas Recipe
French Onion Soup Recipe
Curry Hot Dog Recipe
Raspberry and Blueberry Tarte Recipe
Sparkling Lemonade Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Wings Recipe
Apricot Spiced Crepes Recipe
Avocado Chickpea Salad Recipe