Look to spend more quality time with your children? Making something together is one of the best ways to reconnect with your child and truly see how you could influence her or his development in a powerfully positive way.
These funny, foam monster heart clips craft tutorial is an easy Valentine project for both adults and kids. They take hardly any time to create. Besides, you can use them in many different ways:
• Clip on candy
• Clip on gift bags
• Clip on Valentine’s Day card
• Balloon string
• Flower stem
Our crafter Angel Heaven Lee has shown some possibilities you could easily pursue with this awesomely simple craft idea.
Follow the images and steps below in a visual way. Plus print this craft out with all details to take to share with your mom-friends or empower your children to share this craft in their classroom. Whatever works for you – just take a first step of making it.
Making Your Funny Monster Heart Clips
They can easily clip onto candies, chocolates, a flower stem, a balloon string and more!
Today’s Valentine’s Day Meaning is All About LOVE
Yet in ancient times, the early origins of the Valentine’s Day are found in the ancient Roman tradition to celebrate Lupercalia, a festival of proclaiming and honoring fertility and purification.
With the introduction of Christianity, this ancient festival was moved from February 15th to February 14th and was determined to celebrate some of the early Christian martyrs by the name of Valentines.
Since the ancient times, our modern traditions have updated the meaning for this happy day and is dedicated to honor the people we love and care about. That is why those warm messages carried out on cards, in flowers, balloons and any creative format are something that many people strive to deliver on February 14 to honor and proclaim their Valentine’s Day feelings. Many engagements and wedding proposals are happening on this day, as the spirit of love is the most powerful energy on earth.
Making these tiny Valentine’s Day monster heart clips could be a wonderful way to remember and celebrate our cultural traditions.
Adorn Your Valentine’s Day Message
With these Monster Heart Clips!
- Foam Hearts. I used both glittered and non-glittered
- A pair of scissors
- A pen or marker
- Mini clothespins or another type of clip. I found these at The Dollar Tree.
- A flat, clean work surface. I used my crafting table.
- Using your scissors, cut the desired mouth shape for your heart clips. They can have pointed teeth, a smile or just a straight cut line across.
- Using a pen or marker, draw eyes for each heart monster you'll be creating. You can make them as small or large as you like. Maybe draw eyebrows if you want to give them a specific expression.
- Glue the top half of a heart to the upper part of the clip and the bottom half to the lower part of the clip.
- Allow them to dry.
- Now that you're finished with the basic design you can keep them simple or let your imagination run free! Maybe clip them onto a love note or your Valentine's Day card.
CRAFT Something During Heart Season!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) January 14, 2018
It has been the top DIY craft project for the past couple of years. Easy to do, it could be your unique way to say “I Love You.”