The Timeless Tale of PINOCCHIO
Arrives to the Walt Disney Signature Collection
January 31, 2017
Walt Disney Studios are adding their classics like PINOCCHIO to the Walt Disney Signature Collection. The collection boasts for the multitude of additional features, bonus material, documentaries, and of never-before-seen episodes. We’ve already have Beauty And the Beast, Snowwhite And the Seven Dwarfs in this collection. More movies will be joining this amazing Disney Classics with the wealth of material to learn from.
The animation of Pinocchio is considered one of the best – and most sophisticated – ever done at the Disney’s Studios. Walt Disney himself took a huge part in directing the process of the story and animation. This Disney animation was characterized as “Extravagance of the range of ideas and the tightness of the story” by the historian J.B. Kaufman.
Watch this historical footage of creating a Boobyland, which later became a Pleasure Island in the Pinocchio movie.
Here are the Bonus materials in this Blu-ray DVD edition.
· Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in “Pinocchio” had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar’s Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney’s animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
· In Walt’s Words – “Pinocchio” – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of “Pinocchio” through archival recordings and interviews.
· The Pinocchio Project: “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney’s Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film’s signature song, “When You Wish Upon a Star,” and produce a fresh new music video.
· Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
· Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of “Pinocchio,” deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.