Having a quick and nutrition-dense meal is what we all strive for. I’ve got a few things I do to preserve nutritional values of the foods we consume and to expedite a lunch or dinner or even a snack. One of my favorite things is my OXO spiralizer I use to prep up fresh and quick recipes. Check one of my favorite Zucchini Salad with Tahini Sauce.
However if you’d like something on a warmer side, here’s what you can do and improvise with the same old friend spiralizer and a couple of cans of tomatoes. Make this tomato sauce as a double batch and freeze! Any time you need something saucy, you’ll have it in your freezer.
Zucchini Pasta With Fast Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 canned tomatoes, drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Freshly grated Parmesan or other cheese, to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley or basil for garnish
- Put the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add tomatoes. Salt and pepper the mixture to your liking.
- Cook the above mixture until tomatoes break down and the mixtures thickens a bit, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the spiralized zucchini pasta noodles, toss to combine with the sauce, and cook for 3-4 minutes . Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add water if your pasta and sauce are a bit thick.
- Add cheese and fresh herbs when plating.
Feel free to add your favorite Protein Choice!
PIN FOR YOUR NEXT MEAL