What’s In Your Drinking Water? Tap Water Facts
• Fluoride, the same contaminant added to our tap water, is considered a poison and if you swallow only a pea-sized amount (the same amount as in an average 8oz glass of water in the U.S.) you are meant to contact poison control (1)
• Cancer causing Chromium-6 has been found in more than 75% of US tap water supplies (2)
• Tap water rules allow for MORE Chlorine than what is in a public swimming pool! (3)
• Unsafe water kills 200 children every hour. A child dies every 8 minutes from a water-related issue while about 80% of all illness in the developing world are water related (4)
• Various estimates indicate that, based on business as usual, ~3.5 planets Earth would be needed to sustain a global population achieving the current lifestyle of the average European or North American (5)
• Three quarters of all Americans live within 10 miles of polluted water (6)
• Water makes up about 66 percent of the human body. Newborn babies have even more, ringing in at 78 percent water (7)
• Only one percent of all the world’s water can be used for drinking. Nearly 97 percent of the world’s water is salty or otherwise undrinkable, and the other two percent is locked away in ice caps and glaciers (8)
• Some old water pipes still contain lead, a poisonous metal. Lead may cause a range of health effects including behavioral problems and learning disabilities. Children six years old and under are most at risk because this is when the brain is developing (9)
• The EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Act (1974) regulates only 91 of the over 60,000 chemicals used in the United States. Even low levels of hundreds of legally allowed contaminants have been associated with a wide range of diseases, including cancer (10)
• The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that Americans annually take 40 trillion gallons of water from the ground, and the rate of use is increasing 25% per decade. Scientists argue that ground water is being polluted and used at a rate that far outstrips nature’s ability to cope (11)
• The tap water of at least 41 million Americans has been found to contain a wide range of pharmaceuticals, including sex hormones and anti-seizure medicine (12)
• More than 62 million Americans since 2004 have been exposed to substandard tap water. This exposure has lasted for years for some people (13)
• Toxins in tap water can accumulate in the body for years, increasing the risk for developing cancer and all types of diseases (14)
Can You Check Tap Water Quality by Zip Code?
Yes, you can! Navigate to this site to see what’s in your daily drinking and cooking water you and your family use. When I go on a trip, I do check out the local tap water quality to make sure it is within the range of health standards I know from research. You may be surprised what you will find in the local water sources. But it is a must, at least for me, to know what quality of life such water source contributes to my lifestyle.
CLEARLY FILTERED Giveaway
July 13-23, 2018
Open to US
Now, you can and should get the same clean water you’ve come to expect from Clearly Filtered right from your faucet. This revolutionary new 3-Stage Under-the-Sink Filtration System installs neatly under your kitchen sink and filters the water coming from your cold water line. After years of engineering and testing, we are proud to offer our most advanced filter option yet! The best part is the system can be easily installed without a plumber and will provide you and your family with clean water for months to come.
Bringing You Moments To Celebrate
Sponsored by CLEARLY FILTERED
Organized by MOM DOES REVIEWS
Featured by CELEBRATE WOMAN TODAY
Come Back For Daily Entries!
Never Miss Our Giveaways! Join the Giveaway Tribe!
Prize – CLEARLY FILTERED FILTRATION SYSTEM
Complete the tasks below to earn entries into this giveaway.
Return for Daily Entries & More Chances to Snap This Prize!
Ends at 11:59pm EDT on JULY 23, 2018
(2) http://www.ewg.org/research/chromium-six-found-in-us-tap-water https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/health/chromium-6-in-drinking-water/
(8) U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. “WATER ON TAP: what you need to know.” 2009. Web Accessed May 2, 2015.
(9) U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. “Basic Information about Lead in Drinking Water.” Web Accessed May 2, 2015.
(10) Duhigg, Charles. “That Tap Water is Legal, But May Be Unhealthy.” December 16, 2009. Accessed: May 13, 2010.
(11) Roddick, Anita. 2004. Troubled Water. Boulder, CO: Chelsea Green Publishing Company.
(12) “Probe: Pharmaceuticals in Drinking Water.” CBS News. March 10, 2009. Accessed: May 13, 2010.
(13) Roddick, Anita. 2004. Troubled Water. Boulder, CO: Chelsea Green Publishing Company.
(14) “Probe: Pharmaceuticals in Drinking Water.” CBS News. March 10, 2009. Accessed: May 13, 2010.