We already know that to be supple and fresh, our skin requires a proper hydration. Such hydration comes not only from the liquid sources like water, but with the foods we consume during the day.
Here’s a powerful salad that will for sure pack your body with beneficial nutrients with antioxidant powers. Plus, this food will provide additional hydration to your skin.
Keep in mind – every day, just a small step like this salad will increase the radiance of your skin by the month’s end. Let’s stick together in our fun goals and adventures.
Vegetable Medley Salad
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley
- Handful of your favorite nuts like almonds if you wish
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix zucchini, broccoli, tomato, onion, basil, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- 2. Place vegetables in a baking dish over 2 sheets of parchment paper and drizzle with water. Fold edges to seal.
- 3. Cook for 15 mins. at 350 F degrees.
- 4. Sprinkle with parsley, almonds and serve.
Why This Salad is Good
• This meal is Gluten Free.
• Zucchinis are rich in potassium, Vitamins A, C, calcium and iron.
• Tomatoes are packed with Vitamin C and contain lycopene.
• Tomatoes have an alkali power and are rich in water (what a wonder fruit for skin’s daily hydration!)
• Onions contain phytochemicals and the flavonol quercetin=powerful antioxidant that boasts antihistamine action.
To your healthy and hydrated skin!
Please ReTWEET This Yummy Recipe!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 18, 2015