Mother’s Day is one of the special ones. It is filled with love and joy, get-togethers, yummy recipes, time spent with kids and family. There are some interesting facts that have been found about Tough Mothers who live in our society today.
Click on the image to download a one-sheet infographic that shows you different facts Who and Where some of the toughest mothers live these days!
The Top 5 States with the Most Tough Mothers based on the volume of survey feedback received are:
1. New York
5. New Jersey
The Top 10 Things that makes “Being a Mom the Toughest Job You’ll Ever Love” are:
1. Balancing a career with being a mom
2. Juggling the day-to-day, including shuttling my kids to school and all of their extracurricular activities
3. Disciplining my children
4. Forgetting to take care of myself
5. Making sure my children do their homework and get good grades
6. The never-ending illnesses that get passed on to you
7. I haven’t slept through the night since my kids were born
8. Mopping up the bodily fluids
9. Keeping my kids away from drugs and alcohol
10. Mommy cliques
The Top 10 “Toughest Celebrity Moms” of our era ranked by fellow moms are:
1. Jennifer Garner (Actress)
2. Michelle Obama (First Lady)
3. Jillian Michaels (Personal Fitness Trainer)
4. Hillary Clinton (Candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the U.S. and Former U.S. Secretary of State)
5. Kristin Cavallari (Television Personality)
6. Charlize Theron (Actress)
7. Gabrielle Reece (Professional Volleyball Player, Sports Announcer, Model)
8. Melania Trump (Wife of Candidate of the Republican nomination for President of the U.S., Former Model)
9. Beyoncé (Singer/Songwriter)
10. Kris Jenner (Television Personality)
When asking moms to share advice on “The one thing no one tells you about being mom?”
• 53% of moms said, “You’ll learn from your children just as much as they will learn from you.”
• 23% admitted, “Being a mom is tough!”
• 10% revealed, “Pregnancy causes memory loss.”
• 14% shared other personal affirmations conceding that while “motherhood is never a perfect recipe, the in nite love you have for your children will surmount any challenges you face along the way.”
As for what moms want this Mother’s Day as the perfect way for their children to say, “Thank you for a job well done:”
• 45% want “flowers with a loving note and something homemade.”
• 35% want “flowers and their kids to shower her with hugs and kisses.”
• 16% “don’t need anything; their children show her love every day.”
• 4% want “flowers and a lavish gift from her children and husband or partner.”
A mixed bouquet of flowers ranked at the top of the charts amongst 62% of moms polled. So don’t forget to delight your #OneToughMother and surprise her with a reason to celebrate this Sunday, May 8, 2016!
As a special tribute to moms everywhere this Mother’s Day, please visit Telefora’s new “One Tough Mother” video ad that officially debuts today on YouTube and Facebook. Shorter snippets of the video ad will also appear on Instagram throughout the holiday.
Data analyzed for the survey was compiled by Momtrends Media and sourced directly by polling more than 300 random participants from its database of nearly 2,000 mommy bloggers across the country. Nearly 65% of participating moms surveyed have two to three children; nearly 20% have more than four children; and 15% one child with ages spanning between 2 years to teenage and up.