Finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow can be a task that’s hard to reach. But with just a few supplies, you can have one within your grasp! Have FUN & get creative with your rainbow colors and what’s inside your pot! Let your imagination take you to a magical place of wonder. Take a look what you could do for to bring fun and surprise into your home or classroom. This Rainbow Pot of Gold is a perfect easy craft for the St. Patrick’s Day activity with children.
Our crafter Angel Heaven Lee shows us how this super simple craft can be a colorful centerpiece for your table or mantle.
Follow the images and steps below in a visual way. Plus print this craft out with all details to take to share with your mom-friends or empower your children to share this craft in their classroom. Whatever works for you – just take a first step of making it.
Creating Your Rainbow Pot Of Gold
Fill yours with coins, chocolates, toys or whatever inspires you!
These easy-to-make Rainbow Pots could be some awesome decor items for your home or your child’s project. Use either standard pipe cleaners or glittered pipe cleaners to create your beautiful rainbow to help celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and to help remind you of your dreams!
- A Small Terracotta Pot
- Black Paint & A Paint Brush or just Black Spraypaint
- Pipe Cleaners (aka chenille stems), all colors of the rainbow you desire
- Contents for the Pot - These can be gold coins, chocolate coins, golden eggs, a small toy or maybe even real money!
- Paint or spraypaint the outside and inside of the terracotta pot black and allow it to dry completely.
- Line up the pipe cleaners using whatever colors you like.
- Gently bend into a rainbow shape and twist each of the ends together to hold them.
- When your paint has dried, place your rainbow inside the pot as high or low as you want.
- You may elect to glue into place to secure.
- Now fill your empty rainbow pot with your treasures!
- Once you're finished with the basic design you can keep this simple or let your imagination run free!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) March 7, 2018
What does it mean to be chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? For many, it means to be on a journey of finding something that makes you happy, and there’s even a saying, “I’ll be looking at the end of the rainbow for my pot of gold”.
People in Ireland, in the olden days, believed that there lies a pot of gold at end of the rainbow, sometimes guarded by a Leprechaun. Nowadays, for most of us, the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow means the realization of dreams.
It is a good exercise to put it on paper, in tangible form, what your dreams are. Kids would love to write stories what they could find at the end of the rainbow! Let them dream. And dream big. When imagination is actively used, i.e., a person writes, draws, it is actually being fed with even more power to come to realization. To Dream is To Create.