The Wow Taste In Zucchini And Squash Casserole
There’s so much zucchini and squash at this time of the year! Eating in season is the best thing we all could do for the maximum amount of nutrients in the food we consume. Did you know that summer squash contains ample amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids? Yes, it is a superb addition to all the DHA supplements you may consume!
What a great addition to your daily diet and optimal health!
Line Up the Alternating Layers of Zucchini and Yellow Squash
And Into the Oven They Go!
This Recipe Is Better Enjoyed when HOT
The aromas and flavors are at their best!
Plate and Sprinkle Zucchini and Yellow Squash
With Your Favorite Herbs & Cheeses
- 2-3 lbs zucchini and yellow squash, sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to your Taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or other cheese, grated
- 1/3 Panko breadcrumbs gluten FREE
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash and zucchini into thin, ¼-inch slices.
- Use butter or olive oil for the inside of your baking dish.
- Overlap the zucchini and squash in a row.
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and squash and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine cheese and breadcrumbs. Toss to combine and then sprinkle over the zucchini and squash.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn heat to a High broil. Broil for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until breadcrumb topping starts to turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley and herbs to enjoy!
Pin for Your Next Dinner Inspiration