Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) August 2, 2017
- 3 Cups chilled leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 2/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tsp shopped Scallions
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tsp + 1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 3-4 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, cheese, scallions, eggs and 3 Tsp flour until combined.
- 2. Using your hands, divide the mixture into approx. 12 portions. Roll each portion into a compact ball, then flatten it into a pancake about 1/2 inch thick.
- 3. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of flour in a shallow dish and carefully dredge each pancake in the flour.
- 4. Heat 3 to 4 Tsp of vegetable oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- 5. Fry the pancakes, in batches, until they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides, 3-4 minutes. Add more oil if needed.
- 6. Transfer pancakes to a paper-towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
- 7. Top potato pancakes with sour cream and scallions.
- • Leftover mashed potatoes will vary in consistency, depending on how much cream, milk or melted butter was added to the original batch.
- • If the mashed potato pancake mixture looks too dry and isn’t holding together, add one more egg.
- • If it looks too wet, ad more flour, 1 Tsp at a time, until the mixture is cohesive.
Celebrate Woman Today https://celebratewomantoday.com/
All Ingredients are In the Bowl ready to be Mixed Up!
Mix All Ingredients Well
Form a Round Ball, then Flatten It
Garnish Your Savory Potato Pancakes Stack the Way You Desire!
PIN for Your Next Breakfast Idea