Plant Protein + Fiber + Antioxidants Equals Nutrient Dense Smoothie
to Boost Your Day
This smoothie is simple to make and could vary in taste based on your personal preferences. Some people like berry taste, others would prefer a bit more sour taste, and you would go for something else that is YOU! I
love my smoothies with some added crunch that could be achieved by adding a small handful of nuts like almonds or filberts, or by adding seeds like chia, though, it’s not as crunchy as other ingredients.
• Shoot for Proteins that are from PLANT sources
One of the potent, if I could use this word to describe a protein, is PEA protein. This ingredient has been on the market for several years, yet it took companies a long time to start using it. Still, you would need to go and search for products that have Pea Protein as part of their Ingredients list. That is why I LOVE Garden of Life who investigates quality ingredients and incorporates them into their amazing products to support our vital functions in life.
• Choose Products with Higher Levels of Fiber
Fiber is the KEY ingredient in any weight loss process and our friend in keeping our bodies humming and buzzing with energy and health.
To underestimate the power of FIBER is detrimental to our health. Look for products that do have Fiber as part of their ingredients. Compare the products within the same Product Category, i.e., take one brand of yogurt and compare it with another and see which Ingredients list is better! Look for Fiber content which helps with digestion, elimination, and provides food for our good gut bacteria that are responsible for our entire immune system!
• Incorporate Veggies and Fruit – Antioxidants
Eat fresh vegetables, berries and fruit with your meals and on their own. Add them into your smoothies as well, as they would be your additional source of ANTIOXIDANTS plus fiber as well.
- 1 Cup of Organic Plant Protein (I use Garden of Life which is available at Whole Foods or via Online Retailers)
- 1 Cup of Frozen Berries
- 1 Cup of Spring Water or Bottled Water
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- Put all ingredients into a mixer and whip it up to the consistency you enjoy drinking.
- ••• For those of you who enjoy crunchies in your smoothie, drop a half of a handful almonds into the mixer. Small pieces would add texture to your invigorating morning drink.
To Your Celebration of A New Day!
Please ReTweet to Share with Others
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) February 19, 2015