Bean Burrito Bowl
Love Recipes? – Please ReTWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) April 28, 2015
Bean Burrito Bowl
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 can (15 oz each) Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz each) garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2/3 cup of the onion and the garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 2. Add tomato sauce, water, ground chile and 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Meanwhile, place both beans, drained tomatoes, corn, the remaining onion, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and the remaining cumin in large bowl. Mix well; set aside.
- 4. When rice is done, stir in salt. Divide hot rice mixture among 8 individual bowls or spread in 13x9-inch dish. Top with cheese, lettuce and bean mixture. Serve immediately and top each serving with sour cream.
Celebrate Woman Today https://celebratewomantoday.com/
Here’s a recipe with a regular Burrito roll –
Southwestern Breakfast Burritos