Basil and spinach pesto makes any meal a treat. All the senses are inspired by the fresh and very unique aroma. You don’t need to pay high dollar for the foods that truly add flavor and enjoyment to your daily menu. Basil pesto is one of them.
Get fresh basil leaves and spinach from your herb garden or buy fresh, and make enough pesto to last for your 1-2 meals!
If you love pesto and sauces, check yet another interesting and equally easy and fast to make Romesco Sauce. We use it with pasta, and I even use it on my sandwiches. Very delicious and so much fresher than the one bought from store.
Pour All Ingredients Into Food Processor
Mix Well, Pour Olive Oil Through the Feed Chute
Enjoy With Many Foods You Like to Eat Daily
- 2-3 oz fresh basil (2-3 large handfuls)
- 1 oz spinach (1 handful)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into food processor.
- Process on high, adding olive oil through the feed chute while all other ingredients are being processed. This way, mixing will be easier and more homogeneous.
- Enjoy on your salads, sandwiches, pastas and anything you love to add pesto to.