Lentil & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Inspired by the amazing people at the Canadian Lentils who know what they’re talking about when it comes to beans!
We love recipes that include beans in our family. Beans are full of fiber, protein and amino acids that feed our bodies well and play a huge role in curbing our appetite. Why? All due to the nutrition our bodies – all cells inside – receive when they get quality nutrition.
This recipe for Jalapeno Poppers is one of my favorite. Just enough of everything. And the poppers, when they are cooked, are not too spicy. Just mildly spicy. I cannot eat very spicy foods, and this recipe has just enough zing of spiciness in it.
- 10 whole jalapeno peppers, cut in half, seeds & membranes removed --> WEAR THIN PREP GLOVES TO AVOID THE BURN OF THE SKIN! I've learned hard way!
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cooked split red lentils
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cumin
- 6 slcies cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) panko bread crumbs, or use regular breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. PREHEAT oven to 425F (220C).
- 2. PREPARE jalapenos and place the cut halves face up on a parchment linked baking tray.
- 3. IN the bowl of a food processor, cumin, cream cheese, lentils, garlic, lemon juice, and cumin. Puree until smooth. Transfer puree to a medium bowl and stir in the bacon, cilantro, and 3/4 cup (175 ml) grated cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4. STUFF the halved pepper with the cream cheese mixture using a spoon or piping bag. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
- 5. ROAST in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sides of peppers are slightly charred. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Start with these yummy green jalapenos
Use prep gloves when you are carving out the insides from jalapenos!
Place filled jalapenos on a parchment paper!
Use breadcrumbs and grated cheese to top each jalapeno half!
Jalapeno Poppers Are Ready To Be SERVED!
See More Recipes with LENTILS Here
These tiny beans have many beneficial properties, naturally. Lentils boast of vitamin B group complex, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium.
– Protect Your Digestive System & Heart – Control Blood Sugar Levels
Our bodies need soluble and insoluble fiber for normal functioning. As the majority of population eat more processed foods than raw and those full of fiber, they often need supplement their daily diet with extra fiber.
Lentils are rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber. The insoluble fiber encourages bowel movement, prevents constipation and helps in colon cancer preventative measures.
Soluble fiber balances blood sugar and reduces the risk for heart disease. Men usually need 30 to 38 grams of fiber each day. Women need at least 20 to 35 grams per day.
One cup of cooked lentils provides 15 grams of dietary fiber. Adding lentils to salads, soups, and even desserts will help you get a healthy dose of fiber every single day.
Rich in protein, lentils are only inferior to soybeans in their protein content.
Check out this Fruit Pizza with Grilled Almond and Lentil Crust Recipe
Shopping for Lentils
Pin for Your Next Flavorful Tasteful Menu
Please Enjoy & RETWEET
#BigGame #RecipeIdeas like Lentil & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers – One of the Best Recipes Ever. Easy to Make, it’s a Crowd Pleaser! #HeartThis #Recipe https://t.co/JRI6i3NzJR pic.twitter.com/yS085zLtZV — Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) February 2, 2018