Light And Delightful Is
This Lemon Pound Cake With Lavender
We love citrusy notes in our food and home aromas. These smells are uplifting and reminiscent of our good times and connections we made in our lives. Citrus is always my personal choice of flavors when it comes to baking. This Lemon Pound Cake is light and could go with your high tea or get-together on a weekend.
One more tiny twist that actually does make a difference in flavor is a teaspoon of LAVENDER in this recipe. It is optional, but I love adding it to the cakes, especially when it comes to some special occasions, rather than daily consumption.
Our olfactory senses celebrate all kinds of flavors. Those notes that our sense of smell catches when we eat, drink, and celebrate make an impact on our memories and become part of our precious memory lane that we, sometimes, do wonder on. Lavender adds a tad of sophistication and reflection into our food.
Enjoy this Lemon Pound Cake with sprinkles of Lavender inside!
Use Powdered Sugar to Decorate.
Chocolate or Cocoa Powder Will Add Some Character To Your Creation!
Love LEMONS – RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) January 12, 2017
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 1 tsp dried lavender
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Use loaf pan with parchment paper lightly buttered inside for baking.
- Use food processor or Ninja Nutri Bowl with dough blade. Add sugar and butter. Select Auto-iQ Boost Yes Fusion Dough.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, lavender and select Auto-iQ Boost No Fusion Dough.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, select Auto-iQ Boost No Fusion Dough.
- Spread dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the cake is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook cake completely. Remove from loaf pan and dust with powdered sugar.