To control your weight and reach your daily goals, start your lunches, dinners with soups. They are a combination of liquids and solids. Together, they better curb your appetite.
Soups could be a generous plate of nutrients rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals. Such nutrients feed your body and skin, contributing to its healthy glow and rejuvenation. Soups are easy to cook too! You could prepare your soup for the whole week and then freeze it in individual portions.
Again, easy to make. Plus, individual portions will save you time in the week to come. Here is one of the recipes you’ll enjoy.
Easy And Delicious Sicilian Lentil Soup Recipe
This recipe is great for freezing individual portions for your lunches, snacks and dinners.
Benefits of Iron Rich Sicilian Lentil Soup
Lentils are rich many micronutrients, fiber and vitamins. That is why it is an easy decision to include it into your diet. Take advantage of many phytonutrients that boost your immune system, improve your skin health and gut health as well.
HOW TO Prepare A Sicilian Lentil Soup
• Soak lentils in dish filled with water for about 30 mins. Drain water.
• In a large pot, add oil, oregano, onion, garlic. Saute for 5-7 mins.
• Add tomatoes, tomato sauce (or tomato paste), vegetable broth, and water. Boil for 5 mins.
• Add lentils and cook over medium heat for about 20 mins.
• Taste the lentils after 20 mins and decide if they’re cooked. If you wish them to be softer, cook for a few mins. more.
• Season with sea salt and pepper.
• Fill small containers and freeze for your future lunches, and dinners, and snacks.
• Makes 15 one-cup servings.