This universally asked question of HOW-TO Keep Pets Out Of Shelter can be resolved through many creative ways. There are millions of pet lovers who take a lead in developing supportive network for people who need to give up their pets for some reasons and those who are eager to adopt them. Angela Marcus, Founder of GetYourPet, has come up with a solution that is simple, yet genius.
The previously owned pets find love and care and their forever homes once again. And people who are looking for pets can discover their perfect furry buddy through the adoption system that could be related to a family circle. Yes, that’s how warm and caring the entire adoption process is within this unique pet adoption.
Take a look for yourself how GetYourPet community works!
Getyourpet.com is an online community that brings together people who need to find a home for their pet (Guardians) with people who are looking to adopt a pet, enabling the pet to be adopted from one good home to another. This service has the potential for a massive impact: the estimated 2.5 million pets currently surrendered to shelters each year can avoid the shelter and go directly to their new, forever homes.
Here are the steps of this unique pet adoption.
1. Pet Owners, or Guardians, go to getyourpet.com and select the “Get Started” button. Listing a pet on getyourpet.com is free. They fill out a short profile about themselves and a more detailed profile of their pet, telling potential Adopters everything about their dog or cat. They identify the date that their pet needs to find a new home by, and state the reason why they are rehoming their pet. They upload one to three photos and, if they wish, a short video of the pet. Once they select the Publish button the pet becomes visible to potential Adopters looking for a pet. Get Your Pet provides Guardians support throughout the process, including Tips and recommendations on what to ask potential Adopters.
2. Adopters go to getyourpet.com and select the “Browse Pets” button. They can filter their search by dog or cat; gender; the pet’s distance from their zip code; age; size and other criteria. If they wish, they can save one or more searches specifying different criteria and be notified when a pet matching or approximating those criteria is newly published on the site. Adopters are also provided Tips and recommendations on questions to ask guardians.
3. Once an Adopter has found a pet of interest and wants to ask more about them, they are asked to become members of the Get Your Pet Community. (It’s free to join. There is no charge until the Adopter completes an adoption.) Now they can safely send messages to the pet’s Guardian through the site, asking and answering questions about the pet, the lifestyle that the pet is used to or would have in a new home, etc.
4. When they feel comfortable with one another, Adopters and Guardians (with their pets) meet in a neutral location of their choice, such as a park, or at a Get Your Pet community location, such as a PetValu store.
5. Sometimes it’s love at first sight, and the pet goes home with the Adopter immediately following the first meet-up. Sometimes the Adopter and Guardian go to a participating Get Your Pet veterinarian for a physical exam first. (This exam is part of the adoption package, no extra charge, and is our recommended process.)
6. After the pet has gone to his or her new home, the Adopter returns to getyourpet.com to complete the adoption. The total cost of a legally-documented pet adoption through Get Your Pet for a dog is $99 and $49 for a cat. This fee includes the cost of legal documentation of the adoption for both the Adopter and the Guardian; a voucher for the vet exam; a certificate for 30 days’ pet insurance from Trupanion (offer varies in CA); and money-saving coupons for free food and other discounted products and services at PetValu stores.
The Adopter and Guardian can decide between them whether or not to stay in contact so that the Guardian can continue to have a connection with the pet.
Everyone benefits from this type of adoption!
• The pet is spared extreme stress, exposure to disease and the possibility of being euthanized in a shelter.
• The Guardian gets to meet the Adopter and feel confident that they are finding a new, loving home for their pet.
• The Adopter meets their pet in a neutral environment where they act naturally, unlike in a stressful shelter setting. The pet they meet is more likely to be the pet t• hey get. Also, they learn about the pet from the person who knows the pet best – the Guardian who has lived with them.
• Shelters support getyourpet.com because they can save the resources they expend on taking in surrendered pets and reallocate them to strays and abused animals.
Love What GetYourPet Does for Pets?
Dramatic events can force a separation between a #pet and its owners. Here’s a Unique Way of HOW-TO Keep Pets Out Of Shelter By Adopting Through @GetYourPet #HeartThis #OneGoodHometoAnother #petadoption #pets https://t.co/vdwEXJCRaM pic.twitter.com/4bxTJU498w
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) February 2, 2018